• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

low bridge "Asian fit" goggle recs?

xxs_skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm wanting to upgrade my over a decade old goggles (surprisingly the foam hasn't degraded). I have a small face and a low bridge any recommendations? Would prefer goggle lenses that are easy to swap. Thanks!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Not a perfect fit but I've been using Smith I/OS goggles for a while. Switched to the Mag style a few years ago.

Tried a friend's Asian fit Smith goggles once. They are a better fit. Harder to find though.

I use a FaceSaver almost all the time, so that helps fill the nose gap. When it's cold, keeps my nose and cheeks warm. When it's warm and sunny during late season, means putting on sunscreen less often.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
asian fit was renamed low bridge fiy (cuz Asia was not PC ) has a better seal for those of us without nose Ridge & prevents fogging inside see youtube video below.
It used 2b hard 2 find but after Beijing Olympics & 1billion potential buyers... Evo.com has at least 20 pairs low bridge goggles lots of brands. The lenses r the same as regular goggles so u can buy replacement lenses.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230225-214438.png
    Screenshot_20230225-214438.png
    399.4 KB · Views: 1

xxs_skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
asian fit was renamed low bridge fiy (cuz Asia was not PC ) has a better seal for those of us without nose Ridge & prevents fogging inside see youtube video below.
It used 2b hard 2 find but after Beijing Olympics & 1billion potential buyers... Evo.com has at least 20 pairs low bridge goggles lots of brands. The lenses r the same as regular goggles so u can buy replacement lenses.
Some brands still use the term Asian fit which is why I put both terms in. Glad there's many choices now--there wasn't much when I last bought goggles. I'm looking for an actual recommendation as that's helpful.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Some brands still use the term Asian fit which is why I put both terms in. Glad there's many choices now--there wasn't much when I last bought goggles. I'm looking for an actual recommendation as that's helpful.
It's best to try goggles on with helmet & everyone fits differently so everyone has their favorite brands. I wear Smith cuz of the notch 4 glasses + AF. Smallest smith for women with low bridge. https://www.sportrx.com/smith-io-mag-s-snow-goggle-asian-fit.html

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to wear Oakleys for the low bridge issue but I needed a new pair and swapping out lens is a pita with Oakleys. I just bought the Giro Ella as it came with two lenses.

Basil

Certified Ski Diva
I don't have a low bridge but my kids do (they are half Chinese). I bought my son Smith Proxy low bridge fit with photochromic lenses. They fit nicely with his Smith helmet and I like not having to think about which lenses he needs (or worrying about him caring for an extra lens). They also are large enough to fit over his glasses.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I don't have a low bridge but my kids do (they are half Chinese). I bought my son Smith Proxy low bridge fit with photochromic lenses. They fit nicely with his Smith helmet and I like not having to think about which lenses he needs (or worrying about him caring for an extra lens). They also are large enough to fit over his glasses.
Did you get them online?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yes, ordered them from Evo. Looks like they still have them? Smith Proxy Low bridge
Thanks. I don't have a need for kid's goggle at the moment. Will be a while before there is a grandchild or grandniece/grandnephew on skis.

There seems to be the Smith I/O MAG S Women's model and a I/O MAG Low Bridge model that is "medium." Ideally, I need a small size with a Low Bridge. The Facesaver will have to keep helping with the nose gap.

Basil

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks. I don't have a need for kid's goggle at the moment. Will be a while before there is a grandchild or grandniece/grandnephew on skis.

There seems to be the Smith I/O MAG S Women's model and a I/O MAG Low Bridge model that is "medium." Ideally, I need a small size with a Low Bridge. The Facesaver will have to keep helping with the nose gap.

They are adult sizes, my kids just have big faces/heads! My daughter got the Smith Moment low bridge fit, which are significantly smaller than the Proxy. (white Moment on the middle, red Proxy on the right).

Attachments

• IMG_7844.jpg
    IMG_7844.jpg
    601.4 KB · Views: 13

marzNC

Angel Diva
They are adult sizes, my kids just have big faces/heads! My daughter got the Smith Moment low bridge fit, which are significantly smaller than the Proxy. (white Moment on the middle, red Proxy on the right).
Ah . . . so if I don't want to deal with changing lenses, the Proxy is Medium and the Moment is Small. Got it. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Soujan

Angel Diva
It's nice to see there are now some options out there. I also have the Giro Ella but I still have some nose gap. I really like ease of swapping lenses and the Vivid clarity.

xxs_skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

There is a Smith mag low bridge small.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga