• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Lodging recommendation: Lake Tahoe Epic resorts

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
That will be good if I end up staying until March 20th. I may have to work March 13th - 16th, take rest of that week off (March 17th, 18th) to ski. I will reach out to you as my travel date gets closer.

I have never been to Tahoe. Honestly, I have been avoiding it because of the cement snow... i hope this trip will prove me wrong.
Great! Snow's not that bad. I'm sure you can ski "ice" a lot better than I can. March can be snowy and it's not always heavy snow..... Tahoe resorts are so large that there is always good snow somewhere. Check in with me as it gets closer. If you're staying in Truckee, Northstar is a great bet. I think you'd love it there.
Palisades/Alpine Meadows is good but not my favorite resorts in Tahoe. Not at all. Shirley Lake is really hyped up but it's crowded. Granite Chief is pretty good and it used to all be rated black but ratings got downgraded. I can't imagine an intermediate making it down easily....
Mount Rose is a gem and not usually crowded. Nice steep runs , many of them groomed nicely. Base elevation is highest in Tahoe so snow is usually drier there. Easy access from Reno airport....
And did I mention tree skiing? All have great tree skiing and it's not alway super steep. Lots of low angle trees to be had at all resorts.
Heavenly one of my favorites but then I know where to go. I took some friends there last year that complained about the narrow cat tracks. That's how you get to the good skiing. And they're not really narrow and not steep..... hope to catch up with you !

alison wong

Angel Diva
Tree skiing - if it is like tree skiing off Southern Comfort chair (Congo run) at Big Sky, then I don't mind checking out. If tree skiing is like the ones at Taos, then I will say no.....

Truckee is only 15-20 mins. drive to N*, I just google mapped it. It is super close.

I don't think I can benefit the BOGO from Mt. Rose on Tuesday, likely I will be working that day. I want to see the lake, like I am skiing towards a lake.... may check out Mt Rose on my last day.

Yes, I will check in with you for sure before I come. Thanks for the tips!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Tree skiing - if it is like tree skiing off Southern Comfort chair (Congo run) at Big Sky, then I don't mind checking out. If tree skiing is like the ones at Taos, then I will say no.....

Truckee is only 15-20 mins. drive to N*, I just google mapped it. It is super close.

I don't think I can benefit the BOGO from Mt. Rose on Tuesday, likely I will be working that day. I want to see the lake, like I am skiing towards a lake.... may check out Mt Rose on my last day.

Yes, I will check in with you for sure before I come. Thanks for the tips!
So much tree skiing and most areas are nothing like Taos ! Mott Canyon & Killebrew at Heavenly are super steep, everything else not so much. Northstar has great tree skiing and not as steep as Taos. Mount Rose has fun tree skiing on the Slide side, once again low angle trees and totally doable. Chutes are a bit steep.... I've been known to side slip a little !
Yes please check in with me. Think I'll be at Heavenly March 1 and 2 and as I stated before the week of March 13.. but that can change too.
Hey, we've both skied Europe ! Now that's some massive skiing !

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
If you want to see the lake then you must ski Heavenly. Best views in Tahoe. Also Homewood you ski almost to the lake. Need low snow levels for that one.

alison wong

Angel Diva
We are in Tahoe now. Arrived Tuesday, Wednesday was our 1st day of skiing. We visited Northstar. Today we skied Mount rose ladies clinics Thursday special $69 per lift ticket.
Tomorrow we are heading to heavenly.
My nephew arrives Friday night and he will ski with my friends on Sat. (I have to work that day)⁰
We are undecided where to ski Sunday.
Next Monday he and my friends will be skiing Northstar. Tuesdays he will be on his own, likely he will go to Northstar. I am working Monday and Tuesday.
Wednesday to Saturday, I am taking time off to ski with him. We haven't decided where we ski Wednesday. Thursday plans to go to mount rose, Friday and Saturday we will be at heavenly.
@santacruz skier, are you around next week? Maybe we can meet up for few runs if you are here. We are staying in truckee.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@alison wong I will be at Heavenly for a week arriving Saturday (tomorrow) so please pm me to exchange numbers and we can definitely ski together !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna