• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Leaving the snow to go skiing in the Alps

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tomorrow I'm going on my yearly trip to the Alps to go skiing with friends. And that's also my problem...

The ski resorts in Norway close to where I live are sending out reports about having around two meters of fresh snow just waiting to be skied on. Most likely closed this weekend due to storm, so next week will probably be great for skiing powder all week.

The resort I'm going to in Austria have almost no snow :( and no fresh snow for weeks... :Cry:

But I've already paid for the trip and the lift cards, so I have to go... And I will be around friends, and I will be abroad, so it's a real holiday, but still... 2 meters of powder... :frusty:

Jilly

Staff member
The ole - Murphy's law. Enjoy yourself with your friends. You can ski the snow when you get back. Fun times with friends are important too!!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That sucks. Sounds like it's bound to be a good time, though. Who knows, you might get lucky and get some surprise powder? Weather works in mysterious ways :smile:

climber.girl1

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh! I'm so sorry to hear that! :doh:

Well, go with your friends and have a wonderful time being with them. Maybe you can do something to make it more fun/challenging, like learning to ski switch (backwards) or renting some telemark gear one day or something!

Let us know how it goes, and take lots of pics!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
2 meters, wow-----isn't that the way life works sometimes? I hope you have a wonderful time with your friends, though. Please post a trip report when you return (to ski Norway powder!!). We don't have many trip reports from the Alps!!

NannyMin

Banned
Skiing with friends is the best! Someone will probably toss a snowball at me for saying this... but, I think it is even better than a powder day alone!

:grouphug:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga