• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Last week of March

Gmgirl

Certified Ski Diva
We are looking for spring break suggestions for the last week of March this year. The crazy weather patterns have made me wonder if the usual spring break recommendations online hold true. We are two teens and parents, all intermediate skiers. Teens like everything, including park skiing, parents are more groomed runs. We are open to West, Canada, and Europe, but will only have about ten days coming from the Midwest. Looking forward to suggestions!

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It might be helpful if we know if you have a pass or are planning to buy tickets daily and if you plan to rent a car.

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We went to Banff, Canada. SkiBig3 is a pass program that has skiing at Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, and Norquay. They have deals with IKON andMountain Collective but you can just buy the SkiBig3 tickets. Sunshine has above tree line skiing. Lake Louise has great trails, lots of intermediate runs with great snow. We went in late March, and their season is until early May. Fly to Calgary, rent a car, and you have access to the three Big3 hills. Panorama, Kicking Horse, and a couple of heliskiing operations are nearby. Lots of accommodations, things to see and do (hot springs, ice climbing, snow cat tours, sled dog rides, etc.). And a good exchange rate.

Christy

Angel Diva
I think the Banff areas mentioned above are a great idea. I agree that it's so hard to predict conditions, but at least up there you have stellar scenery, a town (Banff) with a variety of lodging and dining, hot springs, the possibility of a drive on Icefields Parkway (all the way up to Jasper if you want)...I think even if conditions weren't ideal, there would be plenty to keep you happy. And you might have a better chance of good conditions that far north than in US areas (I don't have data to support this, it's just so far north and I've been in April with plenty of fresh snow).

marzNC

Angel Diva
We are looking for spring break suggestions for the last week of March this year. The crazy weather patterns have made me wonder if the usual spring break recommendations online hold true. We are two teens and parents, all intermediate skiers. Teens like everything, including park skiing, parents are more groomed runs. We are open to West, Canada, and Europe, but will only have about ten days coming from the Midwest. Looking forward to suggestions!
Welcome! Even though I have great fun doing a late season trip to Alta, Banff was the first to come to mind. Many families make spring break plans the fall before. So getting lodging at relatively few big mountains that usually have good snow the last week of March could be pricey and/or difficult to find at all.

The recommendations based on historical snow conditions during late season on this website by Tony Crocker probably still hold true.

Do you all ski full days? Slopeside lodging or is driving a rental car 20-45 minutes okay?

Jilly

Staff member
Alberta School break is the last week of March. Banff may not be a good choice for crowds. And it looks like BC is the same.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Taos Ski Valley in NM usually has great snow in March - April.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Park City/deer Valley. The town is very accessible by free bus. The skiers are primarily tourists +intermediate. Deer Valley is groomed galore.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I have an impression that Winter Park is good late season. So is Breck. Although for some people the high altitude that mean sleeping at over 9000 ft makes it hard for a spring break trip.

A consideration for a family of 4 who don't have Ikon or Epic is the cost of lift tickets at any destination resort in the USA. Could make flying to Europe a sensible choice for someone on the east coast.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
California spring corn can be amazing if their base builds up enough, at least compared to the intermountain west.
The alps, on a good snow year are amazing in spring, but it is all about lounging in the sun all day at one of many outdoor on mountain terraces, and maybe less about the snow quality.

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We did a late season trip to Breckenridge several years ago as our spring break was in April and were lucky to have very good conditions. We stayed here and at that time you could get up to 16 individual ski tickets for $100/ea. I don’t see that listed anywhere but might be worth a call. The kid day tickets turned out to be less than $100 so we bought Epic online for the kids and used the lodging deal for the adults. Be warned there is a time share sales pitch for a few hours you attend to get the best rate.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
California spring corn can be amazing if their base builds up enough, at least compared to the intermountain west.
The alps, on a good snow year are amazing in spring, but it is all about lounging in the sun all day at one of many outdoor on mountain terraces, and maybe less about the snow quality.
Agree. Late spring for alps trip not about the skiing!

Gmgirl

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you the suggestions! I am checking on Europe. We have skied Kitzbuhel a few times, but realize the snow won’t be in our favor there so late in the season. I’m checking out Cervinia.

mustski

Angel Diva
Agree. Late spring for alps trip not about the skiing!
The higher altitude resorts are great in March. Val Thorens or La Tigne are both good options in France. I agree you should also do well in Cervinia.

California (Mammoth) will still be good in March - even in a low snow year. The problem is it could be full winter or full spring and none of us will know until the week before?

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love banff a lot. Both times we were there we stayed in town and either took the shuttle to LL or SSV or went with a friend who lives there. We've also stayed in Canmore for a couple nights. Banff is very walkable and lots of bars and restaurants around on the streets around there.

Gmgirl

Certified Ski Diva
We are staying at Tunnel Mountain Resort and will have a rental car. Has anyone stayed there? I’m wondering if there is a shuttle to connect with ski shuttle, or if ski shuttle stops nearby. We have two teen boys, 17 and 14. Any suggestions for activities the day or so off skis?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Snowshoeing, tour of Johnston Mountain Canyon, taking Banff gondola up and eating at the restaurant (if Holly is working, tip well!!!). Going to the hot springs or the spa at the Moose hotel & suites.

Christy

Angel Diva
We are staying at Tunnel Mountain Resort and will have a rental car. Has anyone stayed there? I’m wondering if there is a shuttle to connect with ski shuttle, or if ski shuttle stops nearby. We have two teen boys, 17 and 14. Any suggestions for activities the day or so off skis?

I don't think you need to take the shuttle if you have a rental car. Driving is easy and I don't remember paying for parking in...2017? 2018? I know that could have changed.

If you've never been to that area I'd highly recommend taking a drive up the Icefields Parkway. It's as spectacular as any drive in North America. You might look at see what national park facilities are open and see if they appeal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga