• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Kork Footbeds by Superfeet - review

Jilly

Staff member
Friday afternoon I went to the Salomon shop at Tremblant to get footbeds made. I've been having serious issues with my Xena ski boots and found that my old (20 yr) foot beds worked better than anything except my Orthotics. And for the past 10 years or so, I've been using the off the shelf Superfeet- green. They've been great for the other boots, but not the Xena's. So I made an appointment and went to see JF. (same guy that SkiMave had!) He first measured my foot, just like they used to at the shoe store. I've discovered that my feet are wider than I thought. But the Xena's are the right size and width. So he chooses the right size foot bed and he gets them warmed up. The footbed is assembled and placed on the bottom of your feet. Then the whole system is sealed and air removed by vacuum to seal everything together. After 20 min he takes the whole thing apart and grinds the works to fit the boot. I was made to try the footbed in the boot and walk around the store. They felt great and warm. The old "confortabe" weren't as they were solid plastic. The test would come the next day.

Saturday. I put on the Xena's and buckle everything the same as JF did in the store. New pair of the same sock even. Heaven. I'm in heaven. The boot is snug and fits just about perfect. Needs another 20 days before it will be. So the cork in the footbed will help to keep my feet warm and cushioned even. Best $200.00 I've spent so far this year. And I thought it was great that the Salomon shop would work on a Rossi boot!

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thats wonderful! There is nothing more important <in my opinion> than having proper support and comfort in footware. I've always been a "comfort before fashion" kinda gal <i'm only 29... yes, I own about 10 pair of birkenstocks...get the idea?>. If you're feet aren't happy, it takes its toll on the rest of your body.

When I just purchased my first paif of boots in 11 years on friday, I had custom footbeds made.

It's nice to know that they helped you out even though it wasn't their product, too--and it sounds like with excellant service~! :clap:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Don't these foot beds rock? I looked inside my boots, and this is what I think I have as well. They're superfeet, don't say cork specifically, but that's the ingredient, so I guess? I don't even remember when mine were made - 1998?? So they're definitely time-tested. Mine are in their 5th pair of boots since being made. They make the boot switch very seamlessly. Enjoy.

Jilly

Staff member
You can see the cork on the heel and instep area. The heel peice is really thick to support the heel. The top of mine are pinky-red. But that colour is size determined. They are also a little hard to bend when I take everything apart to dry. But I've got happy feet now!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
You can see the cork on the heel and instep area. The heel peice is really thick to support the heel. The top of mine are pinky-red. But that colour is size determined. They are also a little hard to bend when I take everything apart to dry. But I've got happy feet now!!
Yeah, they are real nail-breakers to remove. I happily leave that task to DH. Love mine, solid as a rock at age 10.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
do you need to take footbeds out of your boots each time to let them dry?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
do you need to take footbeds out of your boots each time to let them dry?
Not necessarily. Depends on how much your feet sweat. If liners are really damp, not a bad idea. They do require some prying, real nail-breakers, be careful. I generally start at the arch, loosen them, then get finger under and lift them out that way. If not dried by some method, they can start to get a little "gamey."

sleddog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You shouldn't need to remove the footbeds to dry the boots unless you're trying to dry them in a hurry, or if you are using something like the Hot Sticks boot dryers. Anything that may get a little too hot could soften your footbeds which will change their shape. Usually if you just remove the liner from the shell, it will be adequate to dry boots out overnight.

The kork footbeds work the best for me also - have tried Peterson's and Conformable's. Those both caused my feet to cramp because they didn't offer enough support for archless feet ( think Fred Flintstone feet):D.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I had Petersons previously as well, agree totally. I'm Donald Duck-ish in foot configuration. Really pathetic.

Jilly

Staff member
I take them out everytime. Things just don't dry the way I like them too. I let everything air dry or a just a few minutes on the heaters. Our heater is a neat apparatus my boys in the back shop built for me. Teepee's made of metal that we can put on top of the wood stove. So limited time on that, so dry nice, don't burn/melt or change shape on me. I don't want anything like cork near that!!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I too have Superfeet Corks from ummmmmm ....1994 ?? They're still going strong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga