• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Killington World cup

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That’s amazing - and the nice thing is it really didn’t feel over crowded. The bleachers were not totally full. In fact I think the second set was only half full. We did bring in a picnic lunch so didn’t have to battle the food line at the lodge. That said when we checked it out after the event I was kinda sticker shocked - the prices were higher than Disneyworld food - really. I think it was $14 for a personal pizza. Most entrees were $18-20 and they didn’t take the ikon discount. But I guess that’s inflation for you. Even Stratton charged $12 for a small bowl of soup or Mac and Cheese. We will definitely make the effort to bring our own food next time. I used to not do this as much. But $60 for lunch is nuts.

marzNC

Angel Diva
That said when we checked it out after the event I was kinda sticker shocked - the prices were higher than Disneyworld food - really. I think it was $14 for a personal pizza. Most entrees were $18-20 and they didn’t take the ikon discount. But I guess that’s inflation for you. Even Stratton charged $12 for a small bowl of soup or Mac and Cheese. We will definitely make the effort to bring our own food next time. I used to not do this as much. But $60 for lunch is nuts.
May be worth keeping in mind that Killington didn't make a dime from ticket sales. All that money went to the non-profit foundation. So the only money to be made by the resort to help pay for the early, early season snowmaking was from Food & Beverage, and parking fees.

That’s amazing - and the nice thing is it really didn’t feel over crowded. The bleachers were not totally full. In fact I think the second set was only half full.
My impression is that there was a bigger crowd on Saturday.

Susanvt

Diva in Training
Btw - if anyone plans to come in the future - lots of folks brought blankets and foam pads and taped them into the benches to save their spots - so they could come and go from the stands. Also to keep them warmer as the bleachers were very cold. Mental note to do that in the future. But really the weather today was perfect. Really can’t complain.
Thank you for these helpful tips. I’m going this year. How much before the race did you arrive? It sounds like you bought the regular grandstand tickets and they were fine?

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m going this year too! I think we arrived an hour or so before and were able to get the highest level row seats in the regular section - just one row down from the VIP section so it was great!

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We are going on Saturday this time so I think we will try to get there even earlier. Once we marked our seats we were free to roam and collect cowbells on lanyards to use for cheering during the races.

Susanvt

Diva in Training
We are going on Saturday this time so I think we will try to get there even earlier. Once we marked our seats we were free to roam and collect cowbells on lanyards to use for cheering during the races.
Thanks so much for your reply. I’m going Sunday. What do you use to secure your seats? Duct tape?

ride_ski

Angel Diva
Thanks so much for your reply. I’m going Sunday. What do you use to secure your seats? Duct tape?
Using bungee cords is easier than tape. The first year we taped and then figured out using bungee cords is easier (especially getting them off at the end)

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Had a great day today! It was incredibly cold and windy at times. Arrived at 8:00 and was able to park at Snowshed. Got great seats on the grand stand. Bungees worked great! Shutttles to and from the lots were challenging though. Lines were super long and lots of people were cutting into the line and acting all innocent. Had $22 chicken fingers and $11 pretzel. :p now at the Advice for Girls panel and movie screening. Hope it’s good! Hoping to try the ramen place up the road after.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Does anyone know if this will be covered on TV, and what channel? ESPN, perhaps?

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Yes, I've been looking forward to watching it, but it snuck up on me, lol, and I wasn't sure how to watch.

Jilly

Staff member
Went into the top of Tremblant expecting to see all the TV'S set to this event....NOT 1! Switched the phone to CBC.ca and got to watch Val's first run. So happy she came in 5th. Can't wait for next week!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna