• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

K2 Question - size? model?

Huntley

Diva in Training
I'm an intermediate east coast skier, pretty much stick to blues, but am hoping to get better and am looking for skis that I can handle now but can also improve on. I'm 5'6 1/2 and about 112 lbs. I'm trying to decide between the K2 Sweet Luv and Tru Luv, and am also trying to get a good deal.

Based on availability, these are my options - I can't figure out if a longer ski is better or if I should go for the Tru Luv since it seems to be a little more advanced..

156 Sweet Luv
153 Tru Luv
160 Tru Luv

Any thoughts? My boyfriend snowboards and I don't have many friends who ski so nobody to ask...

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any chance a One Luv is available, I think it might be a better option for you. Any reason your're set on a K2?

lucine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A friend of mine graduated to the blues and FROM the Sweet luv to an intermediate type ski.
Sounds like you need to think about length in the True Luv or....

sounds of pandora's box opening up...
DEMO
all the skis that you can.
Have fun
Lucine

scottishskier

Diva in Training
Hi,

I bought a pair of K2 skis last year and they are much bigger in real life than the lengths say they are. I'm 5feet 5 (165cm) and I bought the burnin luvs in 153 but they reach the middle of my forehead. So add at least 5cm to get the "real" length. I think most people say about nose height is ideal for most skiing (correct me if I'm wrong!) but the best way would be to go try out a few different lengths and see which you like best.

Huntley

Diva in Training
Not really any specific reason, just have heard at different ski stores and from a few friends that it's a good brand, I want a shaped ski and I like that they are more flexible. I want to get better, but I'm more of a careful skier than a fast one...

Are One Luv's basically one level up from the Tru Luv?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
K2 is a good brand but skis are very personal. I was convinced I'd want a pair of Lotta Luvs and then demoed on the same day as some Volkls and Rossis. In comparison I hated the K2s. The One Luvs are a step above the Tru Luv. I agree with Lucine, I'd recommend demoing a few before buying. If you tell us where you ski some around here might be able to recommend a shop or two that will demo.

Huntley

Diva in Training
Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to be able to demo them, they're a present and I don't get to ski too often so I'm hoping to have them by the time I go skiing. (I know this isn't the best way to do it, but will only buy from somewhere I can return them in case I hate them).

I'm going to look into the One Luv in that case too, though I am still open to others. What size would you recommend for someone at my experience level and size (5'6, 112 lbs)? 156 seems to be about at my nose, but it seems like more skis are available in the 153 or 160 sizes...

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since you're still on the intermediate side and lightweight I'd go with the 153 probably. Definitely buy from somewhere that you can exchange if they're not the right ski for you. Many will give a certain number of days or ski days to exchange.

lucine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
each ski line measures a wee bit differently.
Don't worry tooooo uch about not being able to Demo. Skis are getting better and better and if you know you will LUV them, then , do.
Length, will decrease chatter at speed, though the One Luv and True Luv are both pretty good at speed.

TAKEN FROM VARIOUS WEBSITES
Sizing a "Shaped" Ski For the average novice/intermediate skier, measure from the floor to the bottom of your chin, and use the closest size in centimeters. Need to convert to cm? Multiply inches by 2.54. Are you a "solid" intermediate skier that occasionally forays onto blacks? Measure anywhere from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead. Are you a ski anywhere solid pedal-to-the-metal hotshot? The sky is the limit; I'd say at least 10 cm over the top of your head.

For those experienced skiers who know what they want and where to get it the K2 One Luv Skis Bioflex Core provides both stability and forgiveness two heavily favored traits when it comes to women’s skis. With a versatile Torsion Box Construction these skis are able to go wherever you want them to go.

You can ensure performance in any conditions and guarantees any intermediate/advanced skier a smooth ride.

Features:

Dimensions: 118/74/103
Performance: 40% ungroomed / 60% groomed
Radius: 14m @160
Construction: Torsion Box
Core: Bioflex Fir/Spruce
Binding Options: K2/Marker M1 11.0 TC

and
Description of K2 T:9 True Luv Skis w/ M2 10.0 Bindings

These forgiving K2 True Luv Skis are ideal for the recreational rider looking to cut lines on corduroy and venture out into deeper and steeper terrain. Its Bioflex Core provides stability and forgiveness while a 72mm waist brings versatility to this easy going K2 True Luv affair. Coupled with the M2 Binding system the K2 True Luv is forever faithful.

Perfect for the all mountain recreational skier, the K2 T:9 True Luv is an easy to manage and forgiving ski.

Features:

Dimensions: 119/72/103
Ungroomed 40%
Groomed 60%
Radius: 13m@160
Torsion Box contsruction
Bioflex fir/ spruce core
MOD technology
Triaxial braided

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got the one luvs to grow on.. I think you will out grow the true luvs too fast. I'm mostly a blue skier myself. However, I did demo before purchase. They had them last year at Windham in NY if you can get there.

Acadia07

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm going to jump on the One Luv bandwagon. I think you'll outgrow the Tru Luvs.

I'm almost exactly the same size as you, and I ski 158s. In the K2s, I would've gotten a 156.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga