• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

ISO new boots; Dalbello Lupo AX 100

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am in the market for new boots. My current boots are 7 years old. I am hobbling through with some modifications to my current setup. (Technica Mach 1, 95 with foam injected liners, BSL 23.5)

Anyway. I went today. The boot that felt the best was the Dalbello Lupo AX 100 (it is a touring/freeride boot). I tried on 23.5, though I really measure 22.5. These boots felt great out of the box. I liked the self molding liners, they actually buckled over my massive calves. BUT. I felt like in had a little more room than I would like. There was not a 22.5 for me to try.

Q1: I have never ordered boots online. If I were to order the 22.5, can one generally return them if I just try them on at home to see if they do work?

Q2: I found a previous year model for almost half the price. Is there somewhere I can find out if there were changed made to.the overall fit? The flex for the older year is 105 vs 100

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Sheena are you in the MV (100) or the LV? (98)
A quick google search - both are 100 last

Prior:https://www.bootfitters.com/reviews/2020-2021-dalbello-lupo-ax-105-w

New:

FWIW your Tecnicas are PU the Dalbellos are both DB HYPERLITE/POLYAMIDE COMPOSITE/DB HYPERLITE

Yes if you order from EVO or some other online shops they will let you return as long as not worn/used - EVO in particular has a 7$ return shipping fee -- what a deal!

But since you don't seem to have that "magical fit" with the Tecnicas including using foam liners I'm wondering if you are currently working with a fitter? maybe you are and are just trying to source a boot? it is certainly hard to find smaller sizes this time of year......

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was working with a boot fitter. They just don't have the 22.5 for me to try. So I was hoping to find them somewhere to order and try, and then work with the boot fitter for any modifications.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Sheena usually Dalbello has catalogs published on Issuu I didn't see any for 22/23 but here are some prior ones to look for differences

There was also this blister review.... https://blisterreview.com/ski-boot-reviews/dalbello-22-23-boots-blister-summit-brand-lineup ? might mention changes?

Powder 7 has some 22.5 - maybe you found the already?
https://www.powder7.com/Dalbello-Womens-Lupo-AX-105-W-Ski-Boots/sale
https://www.powder7.com/Dalbello-Womens-Lupo-AX-100-Ski-Boots/sale

Policy:
Returning New Ski Boots
  • Ski boots may only be returned exactly as they were when we sent them to you, with all original packaging, tags, and accessories.
    • Boots must be returned inside their original undamaged boot box within a shipping box.
    • Any returned boots that arrive used, damaged, or marked—or without the original box and a shipping box—will be refused and sent back to you.
  • We recommend trying on your new boots indoors to make sure they fit before you go outside.

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you! I had just checked the dalbello website, I could not see anything there on the return policy. My husband had mentioned them being less expensive on the previous years model, but had not seen where hw found it.

and THANK YOU for the links to the catalogs. I didnt even know such a thing existed.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was working with a boot fitter. They just don't have the 22.5 for me to try. So I was hoping to find them somewhere to order and try, and then work with the boot fitter for any modifications.
Who'd you end up seeing? I hope you can get some and they work out!

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Who'd you end up seeing? I hope you can get some and they work out!
I think his name was Mason? Or something like that. He was actually quite helpful. Wasnt try to sell me a boot, but worked with me to try to find something that would work for my foot/calf. At any rate, he made some suggestioons for my current liners, and put some heel wraps on, and it made a HUGE difference.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think his name was Mason? Or something like that. He was actually quite helpful. Wasnt try to sell me a boot, but worked with me to try to find something that would work for my foot/calf. At any rate, he made some suggestioons for my current liners, and put some heel wraps on, and it made a HUGE difference.
Oh, he was hired on not too long ago and is learning a lot from Josh.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Over the past few years Technica has changed the fit of their boots to better accomodate a woman's foot. I I have the same boot as yours but I bought the 2019 version. It is a 22.5 LV. This is the 1st LV boot that I've been able to wear due to my high instep. and wider forefoot. I love this boot. No fit issues anywhere. Still skiing it due to 2 lost seasons, Covid year and an injury last year.

Since you need a 22.5 I'd look for a boot that is a "true" 22.5 boot. If you buy a 23.5 shell and try to pad the shell to make it smaller it will never fit correctly. Unknowingly, I bought a boot that was listed as 22.5 but was a 23.5 shell. The boot fitter had to put more padding in it to make it fit. One of the worst boots I owned. Now I won't buy boots unless I'm sure they are "true" 22 shells.

Just looked at Outdoor Divas website. They are selling the Dalbello's which means the shell is a "True" 22.5. Unfortunately, they have a 21.5 but no 22.5.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna