• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

Jilly

Staff member
Tremblant remains open. There will be extra sanitizer stations. Chairs and the Gondola will have reduced numbers. The cafeteria seating is being reduced. All food will be wrapped, so soup will be ladled out by staff no self serve.

They are offering cancellations at certain hotels.

This is the start of March break for Ontario.....and now it's 3 weeks long....

I was just out for groceries....this is nuts....no tp, no paper towels, no bread, pasta, potato chips, frozen veggies.....I just couldn't believe it. I needed bread, but....

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today at my local grocery store, no milk, no eggs, no potatoes, no salted butter, no onions, no flour, no yeast. Oh, also no rosemary. No toilet paper, of course. No bars of soap. Yes, paper towels, for some reason. Yes, chocolate. Yes, cabbage.

captain_hug99

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I'm a teacher and my school is shut down four days early to provide "social distance." With that, I was able to snag a condo at Keystone in River Run for $72 a night. This condo would normally go for 350+. I'm going to go up, ski a few days and then clean my house with the rest of my extra time.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I'm officially sulking now. Cancelled the Airbnb, car, and flight. Full refund on lodging and car, but need Southwest to extend the time to use our credit, or else need this to all go away before the end of July.

First local resort announced it's done. Others still claiming to be running, but it’s been so warm around here that this could very well be the last weekend anyway. I'm wavering between going this weekend, and just washing my hands of the season. Was really looking forward to this trip. Thankful that we had Taos, and that it was so much fun.

Went grocery shopping after work - just for regular supplies. Needed bread, but could only get Rye, which I and apparently lots of other people don’t like, lol. Empty shelves in bread, TP, paper towels - didn’t go by the cleaners or sanitizers but I’m guessing they were empty, too.

On the plus side, got a coupon for 50 cents off a gallon of gas (Max 20 gallons) and prices here are already only about $1.86 a gallon.

All schools were closed today, husband has been ordered to work at home for the next two weeks.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm bummed too. We were about 2hrs into the drive to Jay Peak when we got the news that tomorrow will be their last day of the season. We have a condo and were planning on several more weekends.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I went looking for this online today and couldn't find anything. I read somewhere else that you had to self quarantine for two weeks coming in from the US, couldn't find that either. Can you post a link or source?

Since Canadians are restricted from entering the US, wonder if that means people will book at Tremblant instead.

Christy

Angel Diva
Thanks. If this is the worst thing in my life, though, I’m pretty fortunate. And I am.

Did you manage to get books at the library?

Nope--none of my holds were ready, and trying to just browse library shelves around swarms of people wasn't working for me.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I went looking for this online today and couldn't find anything. I read somewhere else that you had to self quarantine for two weeks coming in from the US, couldn't find that either. Can you post a link or source?
Source is the Jay Peak announcement on March 13 about closing. Only mentioned Québec and Ontario. I didn't find anything obvious anywhere else yet. See posts in VT thread about Jay starting at Post #124.

Canada is working on restrictions related to international travel. For instance, limiting the airports that will be open to international flights. Canadians are being encouraged to cancel "non-essential travel" outside Canada. At this point, every province with a border with the U.S. has at least one case. But definitely a work in progress.

March 13, National Post (Canada)
https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...el-restrictions-to-prevent-coronavirus-spread

Last edited:

Christy

Angel Diva
Poor Crystal. On social media, they are getting it from both sides, for their decision to stay open but only allow 2-3 people in the gondola, and remove half the tables from the lodge. Everyone thinks they are either under or overreacting. Apparently they consulted with the Pierce Co Health Dept before deciding to stay open. Here's the forecast.

1584143937396.png

Christy

Angel Diva
3/4 - I talked to my doctor, he said 'flu' but did not test me. No Rx.
3/9 - I went to urgent care, and was told 'common cold', got a steroid shot and Rx for a Z-pack antibiotics, and prednisone pills.
3/13 - Back to urgent care, got a chest x-ray. They offered me an antibiotic injection. I declined, and went to emergency. There, they did another chest x-ray, gave me some prednisone steroid pills, a Rx for an inhaler and cough suppressant pills, and swabbed me for COVID-19. Diagnosis pending swab results: 'common cold'. Results will be in a "in a couple of days", and they will notify me only if I'm positive.

I need to find a good doctor.

Hang in there. Hopefully it's "just" a cold. A couple years ago I had some kind of respiratory virus aka a cold that I was absolutely sure was at least pneumonia but the doctor ruled out anything serious. It took me almost 3 months to really feel okay. "Colds" can be so much nastier than I knew.

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Got impatient by the long holds at my library. I’ve been a happy user of LibriVox, the public domain audiobooks. The readers are hit or miss, but Mil Nicholson is awesome. She brings all characters to life. My current one read by her is Dicken’s ‘Our Mutual Friend’...delightful.

LibriVox

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna