• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Interview with Ski Diva in Mountain Women Magazine

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Wanted to make sure everyone saw this interview with @ski diva in Mountain Women Magazine:

It's a really nice interview and is written by our very own @braveskimom of The Brave Ski Mom.

I particularly liked the last question:

KL: Finally, what puts the Diva in a Ski Diva?

WC: That’s a good question. Diva has come to have a negative connotation: it can mean someone who’s temperamental and kind of a pain in the butt. But the original Latin meaning of Diva is Goddess, and I like to think that all women who love to ski are ski goddesses in their own right.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for calling it out, Rachel. It was really quite an honor to be interviewed by the magazine.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
WC: That’s a good question. Diva has come to have a negative connotation: it can mean someone who’s temperamental and kind of a pain in the butt. But the original Latin meaning of Diva is Goddess, and I like to think that all women who love to ski are ski goddesses in their own right.
Love this explaination.
Without looking it up, I always thought Diva was a dirivative of divine. This makes total sense as Goddess is also divine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna