• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Intermediate skier looking for drills/tips

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
....the thing that really ended up helping me feel in control of my speed is tightening up my boots. I now buckle it almost to the end (yeah they're a bit too big), which just gave me so much more control.....once I tightened my boots, I could just make the skis go the the direction I want if necessary, which made me feel much safer.

Yes, your boots are too big. They may be too long, they may be too wide, they may be too high in volume (too tall and too big around the heel/ankle/lower leg joint). Your new boots should snug up to your foot in all three of these dimensions. When you squeeze your foot into them the first time in the shop you should say to the bootfitter NO! NO! NO! My foot can't do that!!! Then as you stand in them you realize nothing bad is happening; it just feels far more tight than anything you've ever put on your foot.

You may need to go down two sizes, given the descriptions you've given of tightening the buckles. Do not let a bootfitter put you in boots without talking about width and volume as well as length.

You'll be super surprised at the difference it makes in your control over your skis if you get the size right this time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna