• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I'd already seen this online a few months ago and thought it was cool, but I recently saw it in an actual shop, tried it on, fell in love, had to own it!

View attachment 16621

View attachment 16622
View attachment 16623

Brightening up a very cloudy day!!
I am looking at this in purple but I'm not wanting to look like Barney. how is it? The fit and any warmth to it or just a shell? Pockets??? I'm in the East so its cold here. The hip area.. I'm thinking of sizing up and layering the heck out of it. You look awesome by the way!!!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am looking at this in purple but I'm not wanting to look like Barney. how is it? The fit and any warmth to it or just a shell? Pockets??? I'm in the East so its cold here. The hip area.. I'm thinking of sizing up and layering the heck out of it. You look awesome by the way!!!
As a matter of fact I've tried on the purple as well! I happened to see them both in a shop while on holiday, tried them both on (one of my overseas friends had been lusting after it in purple as well, so I sent her all the photos and we both bought them online, her purple and me yellow).

It's just a shell but the material feels quite burly. Fit is good, there is plenty of room at the hips so it is easy to zip up. I can measure the hips of my S when I get home if that is relevant to you. I probably could have got the size XS but I got the S so I'd have more room for layering, and I've just been enjoying slightly looser fits for my shell outerwear lately!

Pockets - those two square pockets are fine for keys and snacks, probably phone too but I tend to keep my phone in my pants thigh pocket. The vertical chest pockets actually have a decent amount of room. They're slightly funky, the pockets take up this whole area:

1637780694721.png
- so you sort of have to stick your hand in and twist it around because of the direction they're accessed. They work fine though. I've put my phone in that pocket too and the pocket is wide enough that my phone ends up resting horizontally (samsung s10e). It takes me a few seconds to get it out because of the pocket angle but it's still okay.

There's a sleeve pass pocket too of course, and I think that's all the pockets.

Photos from the shop:

1637781250016.png 1637781420422.png 1637781438489.png 1637781447805.png 1637781457173.png
(it looks really huge in that last one but it's the same size as all the other photos and it looks normal when moving around and stuff haha! room for layering XD)

And thank you!!! I'm super happy with it, love the jacket.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
As a matter of fact I've tried on the purple as well! I happened to see them both in a shop while on holiday, tried them both on (one of my overseas friends had been lusting after it in purple as well, so I sent her all the photos and we both bought them online, her purple and me yellow).

It's just a shell but the material feels quite burly. Fit is good, there is plenty of room at the hips so it is easy to zip up. I can measure the hips of my S when I get home if that is relevant to you. I probably could have got the size XS but I got the S so I'd have more room for layering, and I've just been enjoying slightly looser fits for my shell outerwear lately!

Pockets - those two square pockets are fine for keys and snacks, probably phone too but I tend to keep my phone in my pants thigh pocket. The vertical chest pockets actually have a decent amount of room. They're slightly funky, the pockets take up this whole area:

View attachment 17038
- so you sort of have to stick your hand in and twist it around because of the direction they're accessed. They work fine though. I've put my phone in that pocket too and the pocket is wide enough that my phone ends up resting horizontally (samsung s10e). It takes me a few seconds to get it out because of the pocket angle but it's still okay.

Photos from the shop:

View attachment 17039 View attachment 17040 View attachment 17041 View attachment 17042 View attachment 17043
(it looks really huge in that last one but it's the same size as all the other photos and it looks normal when moving around and stuff haha! room for layering XD)

I’m excited...they look beautiful...thank you.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva

View attachment 17038

Photos from the shop:

View attachment 17039 View attachment 17040 View attachment 17041 View attachment 17042 View attachment 17043

And thank you!!! I'm super happy with it, love the jacke
I like this too

Attachments

• 64D8E867-47DE-46AE-A8B2-6C068C2C2F18.png
    64D8E867-47DE-46AE-A8B2-6C068C2C2F18.png
    862.1 KB · Views: 20

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva

View attachment 17038

Photos from the shop:

Is purple blueish?

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is purple blueish?
Hm, it's a pretty definite purple to me, but it's not like a really bright purple I guess. I think it's the exact purple that's used in the contrast fabric on my yellow jacket, so you can see it in the snow photos and it's definitely purple!

That other jacket looks really pretty too! TNF has made some nice outerwear lately.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Hm, it's a pretty definite purple to me, but it's not like a really bright purple I guess. I think it's the exact purple that's used in the contrast fabric on my yellow jacket, so you can see it in the snow photos and it's definitely purple!

That other jacket looks really pretty too! TNF has made some nice outerwear lately.
I’m sorry...one last question. I’m trying to decide if I need to size up to layer. It’s freezing in New England (VT, NH). I haven’t found a size chart yet, but I’m guessing it will be too tight for layers in my size (L).

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does buying snowboard gear to wear skiing count as jumping the proverbial shark?
Snowboard brands are great. I LOVE my Volcom Battle Stretch pants and wear then with near-legging tightness (the OLD version is better though, not the newfangled version with the fake front pockets) although mine have mostly been in the cupboard for a couple of seasons due to some lockdown pounds.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
OMG I did it!!! I pulled the trigger on 2, not 1. I bought The North Face Team kit in a bold purple....and the Trew Stella shell. One might go back as I really want to also get a 3 in 1 jacket. I guess I could have just gotten that....nah the enablers on this site RULE! :smile: Hope my knee feels better so I can enjoy my new threads. Thank you everyone especially @fgor

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OMG I did it!!! I pulled the trigger on 2, not 1. I bought The North Face Team kit in a bold purple....and the Trew Stella shell. One might go back as I really want to also get a 3 in 1 jacket. I guess I could have just gotten that....nah the enablers on this site RULE! :smile: Hope my knee feels better so I can enjoy my new threads. Thank you everyone especially @fgor
I'm so excited for you!! Sorry I didn't get around to replying to your last question yesterday, I think it's a fairly loose fit so I definitely have room for a puffy underneath. Hope you love it! The Trew Stella looks really nice too :smile:

Scribble

Angel Diva
I bought a Trew Stella too! Lots of room for layering and I can both turn my head AND see with the hood up, which should make stormy days a lot more pleasant.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I'm so excited for you!! Sorry I didn't get around to replying to your last question yesterday, I think it's a fairly loose fit so I definitely have room for a puffy underneath. Hope you love it! The Trew Stella looks really nice too :smile:
I went up a size...but I’m sure it will be fine. I always worry about the upper body...I don’t want to swim. Will let you know.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
The color is great on TNF but the zipper is super stiff and I have an enormous bubble in the center when sitting. I didn’t have much on under at the time. I’m waiting for the Trew but it is stuck out west, right along with my new boots. :(
I WISH there was a two-way zipper. It would fit much better. I have a bunch of jackets here so I need to pick. Ugh....I wish the stores here had inventory. @fgor
How are you enjoying the shell?

newboots

Angel Diva
I have an older TNF purple jacket (from their Steep Series) and it appears it’s the same color. I absolutely love the color - just enough brightness to be seen by my friends, but not outrageous. I especially love wearing it with my turquoise pants!

Mine bubbles out when I sit down, too. It’s the stiffness, I guess. I always assumed it was my short-waisted torso (+stiffness).

Getting Ready

Angel Diva

View attachment 17038

Photos from the shop:

Can you tell me the name of this style? So cute!

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Can you tell me the name of this style? So cute!
It's the North Face Team kit jacket. I do not like the pockets at all. They go straight across and I find them to be the main reason it looks so bulky on me. That and my hips. Lol
the zipper is stiff. It is so sad that they don't use two-way zippers. That would have really helped.
I will probably sell mine or send it back. (Has a return fee)

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I love the material and the flattering cut of the Trew Stella. The TNF is a bit too big and stiff. Not bad though I probably shouldn't keep both. I just bought new boots too ....they are on a slow truck from Bend, OR. :(

Attachments

• 20211210_204350.jpg
    20211210_204350.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20211210_204332.jpg
    20211210_204332.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 22

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I tried picture organic on and I need to size 2 whole sizes up. The skinny sales woman said she could not fit into them, or any EU fit jackets.
Some Picture is a relaxed fit, and I am good in my regular size. Standard fit with them I need to size up. I tried on a pair of pants in a size up that were far too large and I realized they were rated as “relaxed”. I need to keep track of the fit rating with them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga