• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was enticed by sales prices on Steep and Cheap (Backcountry.com's sales outlet) to buy a new FlyLow kit. I'm really happy with the fit and feel of it, and the colors are a fun change for me.
I bought the Puma Jacket in a small and the Sassyfrass pants in a medium. The pants are a slimmer fit than a lot of FlyLow, which I like. It's 10k waterproof 10k breathability. I have higher rated stuff from ArcTeryx for really nasty days. Otherwise, for my typical day of resort skiing, this outfit is more than adequate. 1632502219015.png

Flylow Sassyfrass Pant.jpg

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd already seen this online a few months ago and thought it was cool, but I recently saw it in an actual shop, tried it on, fell in love, had to own it!

1633851392082.png

1633851408751.png
1633851847707.png

Brightening up a very cloudy day!!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I’m a huge fan of distinctly colored outerwear. It’s so hard to tell who people are but that combo would make you so easy and fun to spot when skiing! LOVE IT! The goggles look SO GOOD with it, too.

Tvan

Angel Diva
@fgor - that is an AWESOME jacket! I agree with @Jilly - purple pants would be great with it, or my orange and purple hawaiian print snow pants... ;)

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@fgor - that is an AWESOME jacket! I agree with @Jilly - purple pants would be great with it, or my orange and purple hawaiian print snow pants... ;)
That would be AMAZING!! Yes, I really don't have the pants to go with it, I opted for a pair of orange pants I haven't worn in a long time and I felt like I was emulating the sun :becky: which was still pretty fun, haha! I agree with you and @Jilly there!

@Iwannaski thanks - the goggles were new at the start of this season (got them over the off season) and I've really enjoyed them!! They are the giro ella :smile:

Thanks all!! I do love having new purchase decisions validated like this :love:

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
So my Montec Doom jacket arrived today. Seems well made and I really like the style. The hood (non) helmet compatibility may be an exchange or a deal breaker. I got size L which is my typical size. It fits beautifully except for the armscythe. Ok by itself but when I put the hood over my helmet it lifts the whole jacket up enough to dig into my armpits. (It also digs when I layer a down sweater underneath although it fits well everywhere else.) This is a common fit problem for me and why I sometimes size up to XL or buy men’s jackets. Trying to decide which route to try. Will report if I have any customer service issues with the return/exchange but don’t anticipate any.
Whatever happened with Montec? I have been looking for a new jacket or shell but need it to fit my hips.

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@skinnyfootskis I decided not to trade the montec out for the size up as it fit so well everywhere else and it was insulated—how often would I really wear a down under an insulated jacket? Last week I wore it for the first time in actual weather (versus just a quick to the store or whatever). Hour and forty five min hike in 40 degree rain and stayed very comfortable and dry.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
@skinnyfootskis I decided not to trade the montec out for the size up as it fit so well everywhere else and it was insulated—how often would I really wear a down under an insulated jacket? Last week I wore it for the first time in actual weather (versus just a quick to the store or whatever). Hour and forty five min hike in 40 degree rain and stayed very comfortable and dry.
I don't "need" a new jacket, but since I bought Nobody's princess ski pants in some red shade.....i thought why not at least look for a jacket or shell. My issue is I'm pear shaped and like loose (not baggy) clothes. Every coat has been too big on top if it fits my hips. I do own a beautiful Marker jacket, never worn. It also has the same issue and i have thought about selling it but I'm not good with selling things. My bf convinced me to buy it. Enjoy your Montec.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Any takers for this coat to wear to apres?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna