• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

Analisa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree I'd be super careful about it. As a product manager in technical apparel, Arcteryx is definitely paying more than $92 per unit for the SV just to source it. 100 denier nylon & the fees for using Gore's Pro technology are definitely more expensive than that.

I'd also note that they don't have an SSL certificate (data encryption) for their checkout pages - which can cost as low as $10-15 annually. It's generally par for the course even for smaller personal blogs, mom & pop shops & web forums (but interestingly not SkiDiva). Since it's not secured/encrypted, it can be seen and accessed by other parties while in transit. I'd be weary of mailings of phone calls about your accounts, even if the cards are changed. Someone may have your name, phone number, and know that you have an AmEx or a Visa and use that information in a predatory way.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'd also note that they don't have an SSL certificate (data encryption) for their checkout pages - which can cost as low as $10-15 annually. It's generally par for the course even for smaller personal blogs, mom & pop shops & web forums (but interestingly not SkiDiva).

Just so you know, TheSkiDiva has SSL.

This conversation brings up the whole issue of counterfeit products: items that are designed to look genuine and made without the permission of the designer or original manufacturer. I realize it's a lot cheaper to buy these things than the actual item, but frequently they're of low quality and not made to the original company's high standards. Plus, as others here have stated, you have no idea what this company is doing with your personal or credit card information. So after much reflection, I've decided to remove the link to the jacket's web site. It's no reflection on the original poster's actions or judgement. I just don't feel comfortable having something that could jeopardize anyone's security on the site. If you want the link, PM @mustski . I'm sure she'd be happy to give it to you. I hope you all understand.

Last edited:

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH used to travel to China for work quite a bit. As far as knockoffs are concerned, they don't really honor US copyright and trademark regulations, and they don't care. DH said he watched a store take in a crate of purses and stick designer labels on them. We obtained our own "Faux-lex" (that's what we called our fake Rolex) watches that were passable, and two or three that were obviously fake. As with anything coming directly from China, it's a crap-shoot whether it's genuine or made in someone's garage, because a lot of stuff does fall of trucks there, as well, especially apparel.

Slightly related story: I ended up making an online overseas purchase of a certain kind of liqueur several years ago that wasn't available in the MidWest US and I was unable to purchase from any US based online retailers. It was shady as heck, and the company kept calling and asking me to send a picture of my credit card and ID to verify my age. I canceled the order. They called me back again and waived the requirement for a photocopy of anything, and told me if customs calls, I should tell them it's perfume. I hesitated, but agreed because the liqueur was the perfect gift for my father in law. (Fortunately, I never was questioned by Federal Agents.) I watched my account for months afterward, but they never charged me for anything else and I did get what I paid for but I swore I'd never go that route again...shaaaady!

Beautiful jacket! I hope it turns out to be a great deal!

mustski

Angel Diva
I have bought many items from China - on purpose -over the years, but this one was an accident. I shouldn't shop when I'm tired. Honestly though, I buy all my theatrical wigs from China. They have excellent quality synthetic wigs that last me for years and years. They wash up and look as good as new with minimal effort. Clothing has been hit and miss. Some of it is excellent quality and has survived many middle schoolers and lots of machine washings. Some - the zippers have broken on the first wear. As @skibum4ever mentioned above, the biggest issue has often been how long it takes for the product to arrive.

snowbeach

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The following info was just posted on Australian Backcountry FB page re Arcteryx:

If you’ve seen ads for super-cheap Arcteryx gear recently:

“This is a fraudulent site that is in no way affiliated with Arc'teryx. Our team is aware of the issue and are looking into it. The seller put an ad blitz on Instagram and Facebook and, among other things, used our copyrighted images (without permission) in an effort to make it appear as if they have genuine Arc'teryx product. They do not.

If you have made a purchase through this website, please contact your credit card company to report this immediately.

If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Representatives at 1-866-458-BIRD (2473) (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, Pacific Time).

Kind Regards,

Arc'teryx Service Team”

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
We saw this Bogner jacket at Pepi Sports in Vail. It looks absolutely gorgeous on DH. He has not bought a new jacket in 15 years, and his "best" jacket is no longer waterproof. Of course there's the not so small issue of cost, which is $1600 reduced to $800. But given how little he has spent over the years on skis, boots, and ski clothing, what do you think?

Naturally, it has all the bells and whistles. Coincidentally, the name of the jacket is "Randy t".

BOGNER-MENS-RANDY-T-JACKET-ski-wear-mens-ski-jacket-parkas-01.jpg

Tvan

Angel Diva
What a great jacket!!

bevski

Diva in Training
I bought this on SAC just a few minutes ago.
Do I need it? No
Am I excited about it? Well, yeah!!!
TRIBAS.jpg

Please tell me I'm not alone. :redface:
Sorry, what is SAC?I want one!!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Somehow this happened very quickly yesterday. I was going to submit a bid on eBay for one, then found it at a much lower price on Amazon. Outdoor Research Off-chute Jacket in FLAME/Scarlet. Don't want to get lost in the trees.
NewORJacket.jpg

GeoGirl

Certified Ski Diva
I snapped up two jackets on sale... the insulated Orage Nina for the winter, and the OR Ferrosi hoody for snowshoeing and spring skiing. They both match my navy and floral ski pants!

orage-women-s-nina-shell-jacket-394.jpgnew OR softshell.PNG
My landlord hasn't turned the heat on yet, so I'd doing a lot of "trying on" the new insulated jacket lol

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This past season(I'm in NZ) for the first time in years I didn't buy any, ski gear at all-no jacket,pants,skis,gloves,bindings,socks,goggles.Nothing.It felt sort of saintly!! For the biking season I'm going to try the same(apart from replacing properly broken and worn out bits)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna