• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

Tvan

Angel Diva
In the “Very Effective Maketing” category today, we have REI, and their #optoutside campaign. They are closed from today until Saturday at 10 am, giving all employees two paid days off, and encouraging everyone to go outside and play. So after my morning turkey trot today, I went to the REI Sale site and scored these in plum, and a pair of winter running pants for DH. Ski jackets on sale, too.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
In the “Very Effective Maketing” category today, we have REI, and their #optoutside campaign. They are closed from today until Saturday at 10 am, giving all employees two paid days off, and encouraging everyone to go outside and play. So after my morning turkey trot today, I went to the REI Sale site and scored these in plum, and a pair of winter running pants for DH. Ski jackets on sale, too.

Nice score! REI is so bad for my wallet. Ya know it's bad when you go to a local road race and the guy parked next to you recognizes you...because he works at REI. LOL. I did breakdown and buy a synthetic insulated hoodie at their most recent sale to replacement the one I managed to sell at the local ski swap last weekend. Fits a lot better and should be a little more versatile. Also bought two more pairs of ski socks. Not that I needed more, but it will be nice to have a few more light weight ones.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, having the Amersports factory store in town is a bad, bad thing, or a great thing depending on how you look at it. Amersports owns Arc'Teryx and Salomon, among others. Their black Friday deals are legit. Most of their items are 25% off anyway (or more) with an additional 40% off today. So, the man grabbed me one of these today
opplanet-arc-teryx-cerium-lt-hoody-women-s-boxcar-x-small.jpg

I also have one of these on the way. It's the Airah jacket, so it has what equates to Atom LT insulation with a hardshell outer, so it's an insulated resort jacket.
Airah-Jacket-W-Hard-Coral.jpg

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the red...and that green is awesome! The zips will coordinate with your turquoise pants.

Maybe they'll need one of these people in your store: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/...ct-Guide-Toronto-Arcteryx-Factory-Outlet1.pdf
Yes to matching the pants! My Marmot's had a horrible fading issue and they would only give me 50% off a new pair, so I picked up some Patagonia on sale that actually match even BETTER.

And yes, Amersports advertises for jobs all the time here, but I never seem to match up with my qualifications except for as a sale associate, which I have no interest in doing.

Candebsna

Certified Ski Diva
This thread is so old!!! Giggling because I definitely got the SAC jacket bug this past July and bought a Bogner (75% off!) for my next Aspen trip. Glad to see I'm not alone

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The new jacket was a spur of the moment purpose, it was a very good price and I loved the color. The recent 'for sale' stuff I posted is stuff that's too big for me now and stuff that didn't really work out. Plus, I'm tired of wearing black.

kiki

Angel Diva
First post and a mistake - forgive me - I meant to reply to another person above who was commenting about bathrooms! (I do not know how to reply in the thread, I tried a few times, but good info for others perhaps anyway.)

Hello. I found a way to use the bathroom without going into public bathrooms that has been a huge game changer this summer on road trips. it is not the most elegant and is like camping style but I plan on adopting this for ski season as needed. one main thing stopping me from ski season was the bathroom - as it is the first thing I do after my drive to the slopes before skiing. with enough practice you can relieve yourself in your car - like I said not elegant but doable. This summer I used this on the side of the road, protected from onlookers and at rest stops in a corner away from anyone. Also when I was in the park and not wanting to use the restrooms. It was SUCH a relief!! :smile:

There's also a "potty" that someone made that works on a car seat (can google) but it is sold out. Of course this all works best if can park close enough into the slopes. The ones I used were pee-buddy and Syarme female urination device (and I used an extra bottle) both on amazon.
yes, for long road trips in these Covid times where many gas stations and fast food joints have closed their bathrooms to the public, a back up like this is a practical approach.
99344DB0-2604-4770-8247-56208C1E43EB.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly