• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon Options for 2020/2021

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I had a similar reaction: how little we knew back then.

Even in some of the threads that specifically address Covid-19, the information we posted and the questions we were asking in mid-March are hopelessly dated a month later.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Just got an email from Ikon.....they really want their money!! You can buy now and if needed defer your pass till 2021-22 in the fall.

Sounds like a good plan!!

Just saw this, all the way until December, for any reason. That’s a way better response. They must not have had good feedback from just the postponement and extra renewal discount.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
NOW I am willing to commit.

Also, I just renewed our Epic Keystone passes today. Paid $117 for 2 passes plus insurance. If they reduce the price, I presume that they will reduce my balance.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
@skibum4ever $117 for 2 passes?? I see $389 for Keystone Plus on Epic site.

Sorry I didn't make it clear. That is a down payment with the balance due in September. I figure that if things look bad in September, I will not pay the balance.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow me too... seems like a no brainer now right? I think they are also betting that if there might be a chance to use it later in the season maybe most people won’t defer it.

Jilly

Staff member
They are being sued too, just like Vail...

There is a class action suit against Vail Resorts and someone has done the same against Alterra, because someone didn't feel they got their monies worth when they closed early. marzNC can find all of these for us. Interesting article called "the day the skiing died" out there too.

Tvan

Angel Diva
While it might be possible to ski next season, I'm trying to imagine a scenario where I'd be comfortable staying in a hotel in the coming year. Unless things change significantly, any skiing we do next season will be within a day drive from home, which does not include any IKON resorts except possible Stratton... which would make for a very long day.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There is a class action suit against Vail Resorts and someone has done the same against Alterra, because someone didn't feel they got their monies worth when they closed early. marzNC can find all of these for us. Interesting article called "the day the skiing died" out there too.
Not interested in spending time looking for reports about suits that I think are inherently a waste of time and money . . . going to lawyers. It's not as if VR or Alterra wanted to shut down early this spring.

About what happened in Colorado that led to VR and Alterra closing very, very abruptly. The reality is that community spread of COVID-19 in the mountain towns with destination resorts started in February, if not January.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/i...t-down-march-2020-details-for-colorado.24873/

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ignoring the catchy title, the musings about why Alterra had to do more to entice people to consider putting down money for Ikon passes this spring are worth a read. He notes that Magic was the first to put out the idea of deferring a season pass purchase for 2020-21 to 2021-22.

Presumably, Alterra had to consult with all the Ikon partners before coming up with Adventure Assurance.

April 18, The Storm Skiing Journal and Podcast
Alterra Smashes Porsche Into Mountainside, Emerges Dazed, Offers Pass Deferrals to 2021-22
Skiers will have until Dec. 10 to defer the value of their 2020-21 pass to the following season
https://skiing.substack.com/p/alterra-smashes-porsche-into-mountainside

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry I didn't make it clear. That is a down payment with the balance due in September. I figure that if things look bad in September, I will not pay the balance.
Got it. Seems like a number of people have been hedging the risk of another closure.

jskis190

Certified Ski Diva
I don't think you can decide to just not pay the balance. This from epic pass

Once the $49 initial payment has been made, the $49 initial payment cannot be cancelled or refunded, nor can the pass purchase be cancelled or refunded.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna