• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon Options for 2020/2021

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I don't think you can decide to just not pay the balance. This from epic pass

Once the $49 initial payment has been made, the $49 initial payment cannot be cancelled or refunded, nor can the pass purchase be cancelled or refunded.

My hedge was to use a charge card which I can easily cancel if need be. Not sure what the legal ramifications will be if it comes to that.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's updated info that changed from Post #32, changes in bold. The Adventure Assurance announced a few days ago means that people who purchase this spring can decide in the fall (Sept. 10 to Dec. 10) to defer their pass until the 2021-22 season. For the past season, the price for Base Ikon ranged from $619 with renewal discount, $649 for new Ikon in the spring, to $799 after mid-Oct.

For the 2020–2021 ski season, the initial Ikon Base Pass prices are:

$699 for adults ($599 renewal price before May 27)
$539 for those 13–22 years old ($499 renewal price before May 27)
$529 for college students, military, nurses
$269 for kids ($169 with purchase of an adult pass, up to two discount child passes per adult pass through May 27)
$169 for those 4 and under (though many mountains offer free skiing to 4-year-olds)
The Base Pass has a few peak blackout dates, unlimited skiing at 14 destinations and up to five days at 24 additional mountains. You can also add on five-day access to Jackson Hole and Aspen Snowmass for an additional $150. (Blackout dates include Dec. 26, 2020–Jan. 2, 2021, Jan. 16–17, 2021 and Feb. 13–14, 2021; Thredbo blackout dates include July 4–19, 2020 and July 26–July 11, 2021.)

For the 2020–2021 ski season, the full Ikon Pass prices are:

$999 for adults ($799 renewal price before May 27)
$739 for those 13–22 years old ($659 renewal price before May 27)
$709 for college students, military, nurses
$309 for kids ($209 with purchase of an adult pass, up to two discount child passes through May 27)
$209 for those 4 and under (though many mountains offer free skiing to 4-year-olds)
This pass has no blackout dates, unlimited skiing at 15 destinations and up to seven days at 25 additional mountains.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
The Adventure Assurance announced a few days ago means that people who purchase this spring can decide in the fall (Sept. 10 to Dec. 10) to defer their pass until the 2021-22 season.

I hope Vail adds something like this to the Epic pass soon! I bought my pass before all this got big, and now I'm worried I'll be out the cost of the pass and unable to ski next year! :confused:

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
Yes, my privilege is showing. I’m irked there’s no renewal discount with the military pass, then or now. The IKON base military was $489 last year and it’s $529 now. That’s an 8% increase.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't gotten anything from Ikon directly, but both the Stratton and Steamboat emails today mention that Ikon has added Mt. Bachelor and Windham to the list of resorts.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I haven't gotten anything from Ikon directly, but both the Stratton and Steamboat emails today mention that Ikon has added Mt. Bachelor and Windham to the list of resorts.

I got a random notification from Ikon on my phone about this today, coming from the Ikon app I believe.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't been receiving any emails from Ikon (and I always have in the past--and have not changed anything), which is strange since I've been a pass holder the past 2 seasons. I did get a couple emails from Stratton which I never went to this year, but none from Steamboat where I know I am definitely in their database. Weird.

Christy

Angel Diva
Bachelor is very strategic (as you'd expect). Now there is another resort within driving distance (6 hours--long drive, but doable) for Western WA people buying the Ikon to get Crystal access. And I bet this will convince Portland people that do weekends at Bachelor to buy Ikon too--I bet the Crystal access starts looking appealing to them.

marzNC

Angel Diva
My email from Ikon showed up around 5pm ET.

As I remember, Windham season passholders were told a while back that Windham would be joining Ikon. Perhaps that's the same sequence that's happening with Tremblant. Starting with the first year, the Alterra/Ikon approach has been to release info about additions a various times before the season starts. There was a week in late August before the initial season where there was an different announcement four days in a row. Got plenty of free press, but it was difficult to keep up. The MCP has made announcements of additions during the summer several times.

Makes good sense for Windham to join Ikon. Now they can compete more directly with Hunter, which is on Epic after Peak Resorts was incorporated into Vail Resorts. Although still makes more sense for folks in DC/Baltimore/NoVA and Philly to take a good look at Epic over Ikon.

Very happy to see Bachelor join Ikon. Not too much of a surprise given that Powdr owns Killington/Pico as well. I want to get back to Bachelor for a late season trip at some point. Had a very good time in May a few years ago, but it would be great to go in a little earlier when more lifts are still open.

mustski

Angel Diva
I am happy to see Bachelor as an addition also - for personal reasons. We have good friends who live in Redmond, OR which is just the next town over from Bend. We usually go in summer and love the area. Next season, we may just head out in spring instead. Bachelor has some of the best spring skiing around ... or so I've heard. Tony Crocker's site backs that up in spades.

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am happy to see Bachelor as an addition... Bachelor has some of the best spring skiing around ... or so I've heard.
I am excited about Bachelor as well. Skiing on 360-degree volcano looks dreamy. But please let’s not discuss too much about spring skiing just yet. I’m still in mourning :’(

marzNC

Angel Diva
I am happy to see Bachelor as an addition also - for personal reasons. We have good friends who live in Redmond, OR which is just the next town over from Bend. We usually go in summer and love the area. Next season, we may just head out in spring instead. Bachelor has some of the best spring skiing around ... or so I've heard. Tony Crocker's site backs that up in spades.
Having friends in southern Oregon is another reason I'd like to get back to Bachelor.

There are some pics in my May 2018 trip report. We only skied the backside once. Pays to spend enough days in order to get one or two good ones in terms of the Summit lift being open. A bit like catching a powder day. Just have to be lucky.

Will be a bit easier to figure out where to go now that there is a trail map based on a Neihues painting. Used to be four quadrant maps from different perspectives that overlapped. It was very confusing.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are many ways in which people intend to use season passes. Since moving here, I have skied with people who don't even consider skiing until spring weather hits. They may ski 2, 3, 4 times a week in spring, but will not or can not ski during the winter. If everyone offered cheaper spring passes, they'd probably buy those instead.

The situation we're in is unprecedented in our lifetimes, not just for businesses but for customers as well. A credit against next season's pass is only good for those who can actually afford next season's pass. Some of the people wanting refunds might need the money for food and rent now.

I'm thankful to be home-secure and food-secure. Not everyone is so fortunate.

LKillick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gosh, I really don’t know what to do. I have been an IKON pass holder for the last two seasons, very happily... but this year, the little local mountains near me went Epic. I thought it might sway me, though I adore Squaw, Alta, etc..

Now IKON is waving a nurse discount in my fave and Epic is quite a bit more expensive. And none of us know if there will be travel...

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe Epic will come up with a similar offer for nurses--there are still a couple of weeks before the Ikon purchase deadline.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Went ahead and got Full Ikon today. Have more than one trip in mind. One would potentially include a couple days at JH so made sense to get Full instead of Base. Plus I have the option of driving up to the northeast. Would like to check out Windham to complete the exploration of the Catskills.

I set a dated reminder for early November to make the final decision about using Ikon for 2020-21 or rolling over to the next season. Don't really expect to know enough to make an informed decision much before October. Too many unknowns right now. But I'm optimistic about having a ski season, one way or another.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna