• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: If money were no object, where would you ski?

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, for me with the SW hub being here, it helps too. Delta stranded me at JFK overnight before. And wouldn't pay for a hotel. Ugh.

Problem is, JFK is already a JetBlue hub! That didn't help at all. Can you imagine if I were flying from one non-hub city to another?

Trouble being, the planes were almost always full or close to full. So when there's a cancellation, weather or mechanical, that whole plane load of people need to be shuffled onto other flights. But if all the flights were operating close to full to begin with, where do they put the people? Well, how about spread them over the next 7 days!

JetBlue did in the end reimbursed me for my hotel and rental car for the additional 3 days. But it wasn't easy. Also, that's just expense. Lost wage was not part of the compensation. It would have cost me less to pay for one night of hotel than to lose 3 days of pay.
I generally hate flying Delta, which is what I got stuck with traveling for the state because a with a hub here they were cheap. Maybe they've gotten better in the past few years, but long delays and sardine-can seating, stuffy air--ugh. I haven't flown JetBlue in forever because all flights into and out of SLC are red-eyes, and while that was fine when I was 30 or 40, it's brutal now. SW, on the other hand, has been totally pleasant the three or four times I've used it; a few short delays, but generally comfortable and friendly.

But I've never been kicked off a flight from any airline. I'm not sure why; maybe it's because I tend to fly on actual holidays, when everyone else is already at their destination, or on other off days or times, because it's usually cheaper, less crowded, and generally less stressful.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'd definitely ski Europe. I've heard such great things about it: how you can ski from one village to another, the food, the views. Definitely on my bucket list.

Also British Columbia, New Zealand, and Japan.

Now I just have to buy a lottery ticket. :bounce:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'd definitely ski Europe. I've heard such great things about it: how you can ski from one village to another, the food, the views. Definitely on my bucket list.

Also British Columbia, New Zealand, and Japan.

Now I just have to buy a lottery ticket. :bounce:
Skiing Europe is such an experience for all the reasons you mentioned above.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I'd love to go to South America - the skiing, but also the food, culture and cities. I would love to see more - especially in Argentina and Chile.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna