• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I bought an Elliptical!!!!!

5 minutes! :cheer:

Progress......

I burned 29 calories! :ROTF:
Time for some Cookie Dough! :eyebrows:

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So.....

If I'm watching TV (so I don't get bored...) I crank out two hours on those things. :becky:

Atleast an hour, 5 days a week, when I was in high school. Waiting for PT to kick in on my knee so I can start up again!

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also have a Concept2 rower at home, and I am TOTALLY ADDICTED to it. Rowers are the best all-body workout you can get besides swimming.

LOVE love love love rowing! It's the best cardio workout I've found inside a gym, hands-down. Builds core strength and power output, burns massive calories, and it's easy to do really cool interval workouts. Did you buy your Concept 2 new? A C2 is one of the only cardio machines I would ever buy, but they're so expensive! Someday, when I'm rich and famous...

Congrats on the elliptical, K! It's my second favorite stationary machine. :D Tomorrow, you're going to OWN 6 minutes.

So.....

If I'm watching TV (so I don't get bored...) I crank out two hours on those things. :becky:

Ok....so you're like 30 years younger than me! :D
BE careful, Oragejuice! I don't wanna have to break up with you! :wink: :love:

C

CMCM

I remember the first time I ever got on an elliptical, 5 minutes nearly killed me! But you build up endurance quite fast, actually. What I do now is intensity intervals....you can start off doing about 5 min. warmup at a moderate pace, then maybe 30 seconds to 1 minute all out, then back down to moderate for several minutes, and so on. Before long, I got to what I do now: 5 min. warmup, then one minute all out, one minute moderate, repeat that moderate-fast pattern for 20 minutes, then 5 minutes moderate cool down, total of 30 minutes. It kicks a**. Before long, you'll find you can do this quite easily! Put on an iPod and GO!!!!! :dance:

By the way, everything I've been reading lately says the intensity intervals for LESS time works better than just a long drawn-out session at a moderate pace. Also, in the beginning, you don't have to do 20 minutes of alternating fast intervals...just do a few of them and build up over time.

22 minutes tonight!!!!!!!! (Barenaked Ladies made it a little easier!!!) :becky:

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah NVG!!:thumbsup:

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Excellent work!

AND you're a BNL fan...I knew there was something about you I liked! :wink:

Just got their new kids CD and storybook in the mail today! :thumbsup:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
22 minutes tonight!!!!!!!! (Barenaked Ladies made it a little easier!!!) :becky:
Barenaked ladies on an Elliptical!!!
There's an image that makes you wanna grin!
Good for you on the work out improvement. :thumbsup:

Excellent work!

AND you're a BNL fan...I knew there was something about you I liked! :wink:

Just got their new kids CD and storybook in the mail today! :thumbsup:

ooooo....I'll have to get that!!!!!

Barenaked ladies on an Elliptical!!!
There's an image that makes you wanna grin!
Good for you on the work out improvement. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Snowhot! Yeah....I knew the BNL Post would bring about an interesting visual for ya'! :D

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congratulations on your workout!! Music makes a huge difference. I never go to the gym without my IPOD. The elliptical is my favorite too!!! But the better the music, the better/more fun the workout!!! Makes you want to work harder!

mollmeister

Angel Diva
Yay for the elliptical and the ever increasing workout!

Our Precor Elliptical is the best investment we ever made. I like getting variety, but it makes it pretty hard to skip a workout on a day I can't get outside or go to the gym. It's down there in the basement. . . just calling to me.

Plus, I can catch up on lots of trashy TV that I wouldn't otherwise watch, courtesy of TiVo.
:becky:

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
By the way, everything I've been reading lately says the intensity intervals for LESS time works better than just a long drawn-out session at a moderate pace. Also, in the beginning, you don't have to do 20 minutes of alternating fast intervals...just do a few of them and build up over time.

I would agree with this as well. I cycle every day so have a reasonable level of fitness and had been going to the gym to get fitter and lose weight. I was spending 30 mins on an elliptical, 30 mins on a bike then doing weights etc. and seeing no difference. I went to a personal trainer and he got me to do 10 mins on 3 different machines but at a much higher intensity and it really got me much fitter. I went at a normal pace for 1 min then went a fast as I could for 10seconds then back to normal pace, sprint for 20s when you hit 2 mins, 30s when you hit 3 mins, 40s at 4 mins, 50s at 5 mins then 40s at 6 mins, 30s at 7 mins, 20s at 8 mins and 10s at 9 mins. The 40, 50, 40 bit is the killer :eek: But it really works. I did this on an elliptical, a bike and an AMT machine which is kind of like a bouncy elliptical.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna