• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How to tell the difference between an east coast skier and a west coast skier

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We skied at Keystone on Monday; I totally thought of this thread. It was, to my western way of thinking, pretty ice and unpleasant in a lot of places. Sometimes my skis slid on icy patches! Yikes! Keystone has a reputation among the locals of being icy; I will be informally dubbing it the “east coast” mountain from now on!

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Western: Q. where do you want to ski? A. We can follow the sun and ski the backside first. From there we can investigate the glades. Then we can hit the bowls. There are some cool chutes on the north side we should do too. Terrain park might be fun after lunch. Let's look for some deep pow in the trees off of Chair 132.

Mid-Atlantic: Q. where do you want to ski? A. Down.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
@just jane I have been skiing at Copper and experiencing western hard pack like I’ve never skied before. So it might not be just Keystone…. We did ski at Ski Cooper and the conditions were excellent! They don’t make snow at Cooper. It is snowing now in Leadville so conditions should improve if we get 6-8” tonight and tomorrow:thumbsup:

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied Copper for years! It’s one of my favorite mountain. Sorry it wasn’t great. The east front (off Super Bee) can get pretty icy for sure. Keystone is worse, IME, and also I think with warming temps, all the Summit county hils are crossing the freeze/thaw line more frequently and getting icier.

Hopefully conditions at all of them will be great with this storm! (I have to work all week! :hurt:)

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@just jane I have been skiing at Copper and experiencing western hard pack like I’ve never skied before. So it might not be just Keystone…. We did ski at Ski Cooper and the conditions were excellent! They don’t make snow at Cooper. It is snowing now in Leadville so conditions should improve if we get 6-8” tonight and tomorrow:thumbsup:
We were at Copper this afternoon and I agree the conditions are hard pack. Usually the snow around the Timberline lift is pretty good but not today. Doesn't sound like this storm will do much but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna