• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How Not to Carry Your Skis

Jilly

Staff member
I've always carried mine on my right shoulder, tips up/back and balance point is inbetween the toe and heel peice of the binding. I just can't carry them with the tips front/down. Also I make sure that the skis won't shift/separate by making sure the brakes are engaged and the top ski has the brake that won't move. I also wrap my arm around the skis so they don't fall off my shoulder. Looks like the pictures, but the skis are the other way around.

When I get near crowds, down them come and I hold them by the toe peice - or VG's indoor method.

I didn't think they still made those "ski totes". I also have a "lasso" type carrier where were are 2 velcro straps you place at either end of the ski and between them is a carry - over the shoulder - strap. Bought at a ski show probably in the eighties as its flourscent green! (but it matched my volkl targa's with tyrolia binding!!)

mollmeister

Angel Diva
amy_wv5g6206.jpg

Good photo! This is pretty much how I carry my skis, although sometimes with center point between heel and toe piece on my shoulder. If I have to carry them for a looooong time, especially if I am also juggling other stuff (like 5yo's ski equip), my shoulder might get a little sore. But not really. And it's easily enough to flip 'em around to the other side.

Longer hike (and I mean actual hike along a ridge or something, not a walk through the base village), I have a small pack with straps for a diagonal carry if I don't want to carry on shoulder for some reason.

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How to carry your skis???? Depends where you have to carry them. If there are many people around you .... I carry them upright and use one of the front bindings as handle. If you have ever got hit by a careless skier transporting his skis an the shoulder ..... you'll get very careful. If there are few/no people around .... on my right shoulder.

Jenny

Angel Diva
The indoor method works fine for me (and I don't have to worry about hitting anyone with it, either). And since I'm never hiking like the guy in the picture, the distance is never an issue!

Tammy

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There is always this (ha ha)

Wow, can't believe they still sell these-- blast from the past indeed. After I informed my family that I had recently taken up downhill skiing, I was gifted an older hot pink model. I don't use it, but the color is so ridiculous and flashy that I'm holding onto it for now.:p

I use the little velcro strap from the ski shop where I bought my skis to keep them from sliding around when carrying them on my shoulder. That seems to help.

Delawhere

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried carrying my skis with tips down but the skis just slide right off my shoulders. I have the same problems with purses, book bags, etc.

Just wrap your hand around the middle of the bindings and carry them that way with a straight arm.

It just seems more natural for me to grab the skis between the bindings and carry them down at my side with my arm straight. My skis are usually the last thing I pick up and the first thing I set down. I can do this with one hand if I am carrying them in one hand. When I carry them on my shoulder I have to use two hands to set them down which means that I have to set what I was carrying in my other hand down into the slush.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga