• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many skis to own?

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
This thread is giving me total FOMO! :smile:

Currently ski 2023 Ripstick 88 in 172 cm.

Dream wishlist includes a narrower carver for icy days and these Season Kin all mountain twin tips that I demoed last year in 175 cm (97 mm underfoot) that I have lusted for ever since because they were so fuuuuuuuun in spring slush.

I tell myself 3 would be enough. But we all know it's n+1. Lolololol

Oh, I suppose I technically still own my way too short 2018 Atomic Vantage x77 cTi W in 154 cm that I am saving for my teen. But I don't use them anymore.

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
I remember you and your daughter. I am 5’3” 140#. I can ski anything in the 150s to low 160s, but prefer shorter when it doesn’t affect performance.
Tee hee! My daughter wasn't on the trip. I was there with my friend Margaret, from ABQ, who was there with HER daughter. Margaret was spending a bit of time at Le Ski Mastery, demoing and then buying new skis. She has been buying skis from Alain, and having lessons with Derek, going back 30+ years!!! I was in the shop with her quite a bit for company, and getting bindings adjusted on a friend's pair I was trying out, and in her lesson group.
We'll both be there again in a few weeks, Feb 3-10, so we'll look out for you just to keep you confused. Her daughter is not coming this time.
Thanks for that size and preference info. Seems like there's no particular reason to worry about Nela88 at 160 for me then.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tee hee! My daughter wasn't on the trip. I was there with my friend Margaret, from ABQ, who was there with HER daughter. Margaret was spending a bit of time at Le Ski Mastery, demoing and then buying new skis. She has been buying skis from Alain, and having lessons with Derek, going back 30+ years!!! I was in the shop with her quite a bit for company, and getting bindings adjusted on a friend's pair I was trying out, and in her lesson group.
We'll both be there again in a few weeks, Feb 3-10, so we'll look out for you just to keep you confused. Her daughter is not coming this time.
Thanks for that size and preference info. Seems like there's no particular reason to worry about Nela88 at 160 for me then.
Oops!
I buy all my skis from Alain and also get lessons from him. He suggests new skis for me every season and he knows what fits me the best. He won’t sell me anything in the 160s even if I want to. So far he has been right picking the perfect skis for me and that’s how I switched from Kastle to Stockli...

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would agree with others that those Prodigy are likely too short for you. I've got a pair of Faction Agents (not a twin tip), which have a little less rocker than your skis, and I ski them in a 154. I'm only 5'1" and 95 lbs for comparison. Their length is probably causing you a lot of your issues.

To answer your question, I've only got two pairs of skis (in my signature). A pair of junior slalom skis for more firm conditions and running gates (I'll sometimes do Nastar), and my Faction Agents for days I'm feeling lazy or there are softer snow conditions. I'm an east/ice coast skier in the Mid-Atlantic (PA) that occasionally makes it up to New England or out west.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do you have a way to ski all skis with the same boot or just a couple skis per boot with how bindings are? Curious since I’ve been trying to figure that out for myself. It does seem nice to have a ski for every situation as well as a loaner
The loaner skis are demo bindings so that's easy. The others all have Tyrolia attack bindings. Almost all the boots are 289mm it just worked out that way. The one pair that are 286 are my first real boots (beginner ones)and those go with the loaner skis that in the past I've taken out in the backyard to mess around. I haven't done so this year because I only have maybe an inch of snow on the ground

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
In current rotation:

Stockli Laser MX (2024) - purchased new
Stockli Nela 80 (2023) - demo sale
Stockli Stormrider Motion 85 (2019-ish) - demo sale
Volkl Blaze 86 (2022) - purchased new

Retired or rock:
Blizzard Black Pearl 88 (2018-ish) - purchased new
K2 Fulluvit 95 (2018) - purchased used
Kastle MX (??) - purchased way cheap to use for an eventual Adirondack chair (the natural wood look is too cool)

Up for sale:
Renoun Earhart 88 (2023) - purchased new

Considering:
Stockli Montero AW 80 (2024)
What did you not like about the Renoun? I notice they’re not making it anymore, so I guess not a great seller

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In current rotation:

Stockli Laser MX (2024) - purchased new
Stockli Nela 80 (2023) - demo sale
Stockli Stormrider Motion 85 (2019-ish) - demo sale
Volkl Blaze 86 (2022) - purchased new

Retired or rock:
Blizzard Black Pearl 88 (2018-ish) - purchased new
K2 Fulluvit 95 (2018) - purchased used
Kastle MX (??) - purchased way cheap to use for an eventual Adirondack chair (the natural wood look is too cool)

Up for sale:
Renoun Earhart 88 (2023) - purchased new

Considering:
Stockli Montero AW 80 (2024)
I love my renoun Z90s they have many days on them. I will buy the Renoun unisex 88's most likely
Wondering What length are yours for sale? Price? Bindings mounted? for what BSL? Thanks!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What did you not like about the Renoun? I notice they’re not making it anymore, so I guess not a great seller
think they went to a unisex 88 endurance is the name.. I will get to replace my Z-90s
I want the Atlas too it's 80 underfoot. I have too many wants lol

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I adore my Renoun Z90s.... These things make me happy every time I ski them.

Next up will be a pair of Endurance 88s because I want to keep the Z90 at one location and the endurance at another.

Getting close to buying a pair of Volks Blaze 86s because why not. So many on here love them and I love my Secret 96s.

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm demo'ing on Saturday for a new daily driver, Rossi Forza 60's and maybe something around 82mm. Loved the Brahma's back in 2019 at Lake Louise. The SA 88's are just too wide for my arthritic knees.
Does wider feel more painful on the legs? I am not educated/haven’t tested enough to know the difference!

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 2017 Volkl Yumi that I still have a blast on.
2019 Black Crows Captis Birdie
And a new pair of Nordica Unleashed 98s are being shipped to me!!!

I've been debating a 3rd ski for awhile, so I'm excited. Now just need to decide on bindings.
Can’t really find the answer to this on Reddit, but how do you easily figure out which bindings to get when they can depend on the boots you own? I’d like to try out different bindings but that part isn’t clear to me

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would agree with others that those Prodigy are likely too short for you. I've got a pair of Faction Agents (not a twin tip), which have a little less rocker than your skis, and I ski them in a 154. I'm only 5'1" and 95 lbs for comparison. Their length is probably causing you a lot of your issues.

To answer your question, I've only got two pairs of skis (in my signature). A pair of junior slalom skis for more firm conditions and running gates (I'll sometimes do Nastar), and my Faction Agents for days I'm feeling lazy or there are softer snow conditions. I'm an east/ice coast skier in the Mid-Atlantic (PA) that occasionally makes it up to New England or out west.
The 150’s felt much better then the 156’s suprisingly with control and turning ability, I haven’t tried the 156’s (what I originally thought were 167’s smh) since last year though. In sure a major factor is my need for practice and possibly a better fitting boot. 2 sets of skis seems like a good amount for someone that spends less then a month total skiing or only has 2 terrains… I’m gonna try both skis out in Tahoe in a few weeks and then browse the selection out there I think

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I adore my Renoun Z90s.... These things make me happy every time I ski them.

Next up will be a pair of Endurance 88s because I want to keep the Z90 at one location and the endurance at another.

Getting close to buying a pair of Volks Blaze 86s because why not. So many on here love them and I love my Secret 96s.
Nice that’s awesome!! I’ll have to look for those models. I have no clue whether to go wider or narrower for my next pair

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can’t really find the answer to this on Reddit, but how do you easily figure out which bindings to get when they can depend on the boots you own? I’d like to try out different bindings but that part isn’t clear to me
Multi-norm compatibility (MNC) - doesn't take a pin boot but I think most are adjustable for either gripwalk/equivalents or traditional sole

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Multi-norm compatibility (MNC) - doesn't take a pin boot but I think most are adjustable for either gripwalk/equivalents or traditional sole
Okay good to know! Seems like the touring k2 boots I got couldn’t only work with alpine bindings (so they said at the ski shop) so having a second pair of boots that I could rotate around a couple pairs of skis would be nice

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna