• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How do you handle costs for group lodging?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
They way I and my friends would do it is that people pay only for the nights they stay, and the people who remain pick up the difference. I get that this arrangement doesn't work for everyone, which is why it's important to make it clear up front the approach that will be taken.
That is what it sounded like you meant. We normally all stay for the entire trip, or have another person slide in, so I haven't been in a situation where anyone absorbs the additional cost of someone not able to.

Our lodging is much pricier than your example so the impact on your example is small, but in my experience it would be much more significant. I wish we had 5 people splitting an $1800 bill!

As you said though, as long as it is all upfront and everyone agrees then that works!

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
yes, it's what I meant. I was making this up super fast, on the fly, so math may have been off! But the main point is that people don't pay for when they aren't present/using the car, etc.
Yes, it's the accountant in me that checked the math....
I agree with you though.

mustski

Angel Diva
When I travel with Bob (and dogs) we generally get our own place. When I have travelled with others, we have always figured the lodging per room. If someone wants to have a room by themselves, they pay for the room. If someone would rather share, they split the room. Generally, this is figured out before traveling to allow for finding a place with the right configuration. No way would I agree to pay the same for a bunk in a room of 4 as another pays to have the master to themselves. There have been exceptions over the years, but that generally works best IMO.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What does it mean, "you borrowed" or lent? Is that if someone else paid the whole bill, and you now owe them, etc?
When it says, "I lent" it means I paid for it.
I booked the lodging
I bought a bulk of groceries from Costco in Reno before going to Utah
I bought more food at Sams club when I arrived in Utah.

When it says "I borrowed" it means I was included as a member of the house that consumed some of things that someone else bought for the house, like Take out Pizza or something we may have had for dinner.

If, for instance, they bought beer and I don't drink beer, I would not be involved in that receipt so I wouldn't be in the "You borrowed" category

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
When it says, "I lent" it means I paid for it.
I booked the lodging
I bought a bulk of groceries from Costco in Reno before going to Utah
I bought more food at Sams club when I arrived in Utah.

When it says "I borrowed" it means I was included as a member of the house that consumed some of things that someone else bought for the house, like Take out Pizza or something we may have had for dinner.

If, for instance, they bought beer and I don't drink beer, I would not be involved in that receipt so I wouldn't be in the "You borrowed" category
Thanks. I thought that was probably it, but the terminology is a bit confusing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga