• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How cold is too cold?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I think the rain was last year. I remember it, anyway.
Probably last year as well. I'm thinking 06, I know for sure it did that weekend, because things were actually pretty good---until that event. Last year didn't even get underway til Feb 14 storm, then we rocked it til late April. Who knows, the east is....well, to put it nicely, unpredictable??

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I guess it's zero

Well, I hit my limit tonight with some night skiing at a local hill. I guess it was down to about 0 by the time we gave it up at 8 or so, with a nice (??) light wind. Still thawing out....I distinctly remember a higher tolerance for this in years past...oh well...skiing was fun, chairlift ride was not.

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't think I've been at my cold limit yet, but the wind kept us home today -- 45mph at the summit this morning, with 65mph gusts! It's still well oer 30mph up there.

Kano

Lancic

Certified Ski Diva
Today, I attempted to ride and only lasted three hours. The lure of 55 cm in 24 hours was too great. The temp at base was -22 celcius, and I believe at the top with windchill was around -35 celcius. Feet absolutely frozen to the ball of my foot, little bits of skin around my mouth have raised areas, ? mild frostbite? Oh well, it was worth it!! Chest deep and face shots all the way baby!:yahoo:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga