• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Hi, am new to Ski Diva want help on past beginner ski purchase!

Jilly

Staff member
The Storm is an all mountain ski. The Unique's from Rossi replaced the Attraxion series. They are front side carvers.

Storm - 127-84-107 is larger overall than the Unique at 123-76-104.

Storm and Temptation are full rocker. The Cloud 9 would be similar ski the Unique 8 or 10.

I usually ski my Attraxion 8's or 12's at home. Tremblant gets the Attraxion 12's and Temptations 88's!

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You're right that you won't be able to demo all of them, but you can probably demo two or three different types of skis, and decide whether you want an all-mountain vs. frontside, and get a sense of length and the feel of some different brands along the way. Then narrow it down and demo one or two more and you'll probably fall in love with something.

TeeJay

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks guys! I went out skiing today and demo'd the Salomon Bamboo's. I liked them a lot, but maybe it's just me but I thought the turning/edge hold could have been more encouraging. They felt nice overall though even though it was quite powdery today, not typicsl Ontario. But there was ice, and they are fine on ice. Will be looking to demo an all mountain next time. And another carver. Today was a lovely day to ski Ontario!

TeeJay

Certified Ski Diva
Brimacombe. Towards Peterborough. Have never been there before. It's a hill, you know- Ontario style- but was nice!

Yes, I will look for the wow factor. Although there is pushing yourself a bit to ski something that challenges you I am guessing. But either way hoping to try especially Atomic, Rossi and Volki. Maybe another Solomon.

I think I really like the way the Salomon Bamboo ski felt as far as the material of the actual ski, it is solid and no chatter on any kind of snow (I'm not so good with the jargon). But gotta find a new turn/edge type ski.

TeeJay

Certified Ski Diva
The Storm is an all mountain ski. The Unique's from Rossi replaced the Attraxion series. They are front side carvers.

Storm - 127-84-107 is larger overall than the Unique at 123-76-104.

Storm and Temptation are full rocker. The Cloud 9 would be similar ski the Unique 8 or 10.

I usually ski my Attraxion 8's or 12's at home. Tremblant gets the Attraxion 12's and Temptations 88's!
I think I want to categorize everything and know why you'd want wood as opposed to another construction, why you would want full rocker, etc.

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
the Blizzard 7.6 was a hot ski in these parts a few years ago. I still have mine although they don't see much time on the snow anymore.

Jilly

Staff member
Brimacombe used to be Oshawa Kirby. Oshawa Ski Club is the lodge at the far west end.

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
last year I picked up a pair of Bushwackers that I loved, this year I am infatuated with my Helles Belles. So many skis so little time!

I also have the viva 8.1 and the Black pearl( bushwacker 's female ski) and I still prefer the viva 8.1 on groomers.

TeeJay

Certified Ski Diva
Awesome will look at Viva 8.1, And Blizzard 7.6 except that I am realizing that although I've skied a long time you guys are (I am sure) well beyond me in ability so some of these skis may be too hard for me.
Hope I can demo again soon.

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Jilly

Staff member
Did you check with the ski shop there - It used to be called Mont Kirby ski shop. They might have some demos. Also they have a ladies day with demo's, but not sure when it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga