• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Hi, am new to Ski Diva want help on past beginner ski purchase!

TeeJay

Certified Ski Diva
Hey thanks for asking! I do really need a carver and thats exactly what I got. The Rossignol Attraxion 3's are great, will last me until I remember how to ski a bit better and then I think eventually I'll move to something like that's a little more fun. I got the 162's but eventually I might move up. I kind of like skiing on short skis though. Will keep my eyes peeled on here for skis coming up and on the slopes for demos. There was something about the feel of the Bamboo's that I loved, but not on the turns. So begins the quest to have fun, ski better and keep looking for the best equipment!

TeeJay

Certified Ski Diva
Also would LOVE to try telemark skis someday. When I get a chance I'm gonna look around for the possibilities. I started as X-country skier, so I think they would be fun.

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Salomons generally have a smooth, silky feel, I love it too! The Bamboos are a bit stiff, maybe a little much for you.

water.rat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
She did really well on the Attraxion 3. (Not the Rossi 3S.) You don't see many BP's in eastern Canada. SkiBam's friend had a really hard time finding them.

And TeeJay really needed a carver, which the Attraxion 3 is.
So sounds like skiing conditions & thus the skis that work best really are very different in different areas. So great there are so many divas all over the place willing to share!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga