• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Helmet damage

Lol...actually, I was just joking. I don't have a cat. I have a small dog, that I am not in love with (it's the "kids' dog"..but who do you think remembers to feed/water/let it out 95% of the time?) - so if I wrote about a dog in a microwave, I'm afraid it would jinx the dog (who although I don't love, I'm not heartless and wouldn't want him to have a horrible end...just wish he could go to another wonderful house in the country).

Of course, if I had all this great jinxing power, I surely would have put it to better uses lol... l

Oh....you should DEFINITELY give that dog to a place where it will be loved and can give love back! This is sad. :( Where do you live?

MaryLou

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh....you should DEFINITELY give that dog to a place where it will be loved and can give love back! This is sad. :( Where do you live?

Just because I don't love the dog doesn't mean the kids don't! He gets love from everyone but me - but I give him his food, water and make sure he gets to go out. Yes, my kids should do all this...but sometimes they don't, and I'm the 'default'. And he knows going and staring at them doesn't do a bit of good...but he comes, stares at me, won't leave me alone and I have to take care of whatever is needed.

Two pieces of advice for those considering a dog for the family (for yourself it's a totally different thing):

1 - Care always falls on Mom by default.
2 - It's much easier to say NO to "Mom...please can I have a dog?" every single day than it is to actually have one.

And #3...at least get it while the kids are young, so you're not caring for it after they're gone...morbid, but it was a consideration. I am not finally getting my freedom after 3 kids (well spaced, so we'll have kids in the house for a l..o...n...g time) only to have to be held back caring for a dog. Again...dog lovers ignore this advice, as it's for you, not the kids.

Sorry for the tangent...!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Not at all -- they'd have to throw me off, too, since I am definitely not a dog lover. :eek: Sacre Bleu! Hey, not everyone is.

Be that as it may, MaryLou -- I think MSL was merely trying to direct you to the thread about dogs, since this one is (more or less) about helmets.

But please, let's keep all cats out of the microwave. I LOVE cats!!! :love:

:focus:

I love cats, gerbils, deer, squirrels, birds, fish AND dogs in helmets! :becky:

BTW: Neulorgist says, "The Giro technology is new on that particular helmet, so we are still researching what the new technology is.....but it's looking good! It appears they are made more like a biking helmet, but sturdier for Winter Sports."

This is good news! I may watch out for a Giro this summer! :eyebrows:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga