• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Heavenly March 12-19

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I wish ... but, I've still got this stupid brace on. I bought a smaller one but I still can't use my right pole. I'd prefer to come ski new mountains when I am in full form.
Oh you've never skied Heavenly? Darn, you're in for a treat !
LMK another time ! I have buddy passes etc....

Jenny

Angel Diva
I wish ... but, I've still got this stupid brace on. I bought a smaller one but I still can't use my right pole. I'd prefer to come ski new mountains when I am in full form.
What's the doctor say - gonna need surgery or just keep it immobile for a while and let things tighten back up?

alison wong

Angel Diva
Views from Heavenly is truly stunning. There are several spots in different parts of the mountain offer this impressive view. For comparison, it has better scenery than Banff (SSV and LL) in my opinion. It is neat that I can ski across state lines between Nevada and California.
I skied 3 Tahoe mtns thus far, Northstar, Heavenly and Mt Rose. I like Heavenly the most.
It is an unique experience that I feel I am skiing towards a lake. Nowhere else has that, besides Portillo in Chile? I never been to Chile and only guessing...

alison wong

Angel Diva
My nephew was at Northstar today. He said Tahoe cement is a real thing. Snow conditions were not so good, very slushy and heavy sticky snow.
He's looking forward to heavenly on Thursday.

Amie H

Angel Diva
Views from Heavenly is truly stunning. There are several spots in different parts of the mountain offer this impressive view. For comparison, it has better scenery than Banff (SSV and LL) in my opinion. It is neat that I can ski across state lines between Nevada and California.
I skied 3 Tahoe mtns thus far, Northstar, Heavenly and Mt Rose. I like Heavenly the most.
It is an unique experience that I feel I am skiing towards a lake. Nowhere else has that, besides Portillo in Chile? I never been to Chile and only guessing...

I agree, Heavenly has terrific views.

Lutsen in MN, on a number of runs you are skiing toward Lake Superior.
This is me trying to capture part of the vast blue expanse mid-run.

Attachments

• 20220315_235247.jpg
    20220315_235247.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I totally agree with your assessment of Heavenly. I’ve got some places I really like to ski around Lake Tahoe, but Heavenly is just special. The vibe, the views, the people, it’s all good stuff. Glad you enjoyed it!

alison wong

Angel Diva
Heavenly is very heavenly.

Back to Heavenly today. Met up with @santacruz skier around mid-day, we had lunch at Tamarack lodge and spent the remaining day skied some trees and bumps. I would not venture out these tree runs if just me and my nephew. We are too cautious and not familiar with the area to be comfortable doing that on our own. @santacruz skier: Thanks again for showing us around. We enjoyed it tremendously and appreciate your patience, I am a slow poke.

My take, it's always beneficial to meet up with a local or someone familiar with the mountain for few runs(at least). You get to know where and when to ski/avoid certain areas/runs....

Tree runs off Canyon chair are very manageable for us 2 intermediates. Reminds me of some tree runs at Big Sky but not as steep.

We took Around the World and Olympic Downhill back to base at the end of the day.
Around the World is actually a cat track, condition was slushy but the view was impressive, felt like I was skiing around lake Tahoe.

I hope to post more photos tomorrow or Saturday, our last day of skiing.

Attachments

• IMG_4650.jpg
    IMG_4650.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna