• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got any ideas for my demo list?

Kiwi Ski Girl

Certified Ski Diva
Our season is about to start in a month (YAY:drool:), so I'm compiling a list of skis to demo. I started back skiing last season after a five year break. I'm an intermediate skier that mostly skis on groomed blue runs and the occasional black run. I'm hoping to do a lot more days this year and take some lessons.

I'm 5'7 and 180 pounds. Not many powder days where I ski. The snow is usually hardpack and can be icy.

My short list is:
Elan Black Magic
K2 Burnin' Luvs
Volkl Feugo
Salomon Orgin

I demoed the K2 One Luvs last year and really liked them.

Jilly

Staff member
Try the Salomon Opal if you can get it. Its technically a 2009 ski, but not sure if you guys downunder get them first or not. Also the Topaz isn't a bad ski either. You might like the Atomic Foxy Mama. Its built on the Metron frame, so it goes anywhere. And the Nordica - Foxfire and Conquer.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe Jilly means the Firefox, unless it's backwards down under
icon12.gif

I'd add the Fischer Vision Vapor to the list, as well as the Elan Wave Magic and/or Speed Magic.

Sidenote: My stats are pretty similar to yours, and I loved the Fuego. If you like zipping down icy hills, the Fuego is not to be missed.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
These are great suggestions, I couldn't add anything to them.

Kiwi Ski Girl

Certified Ski Diva
Wicked! Thanks everyone. I'd forgotten about the Firefox - I've read great things about them. And yup, the 2009 skis are in the shops down here. I'll post some reviews once I get out on them.:thumbsup:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wicked! Thanks everyone. I'd forgotten about the Firefox - I've read great things about them. And yup, the 2009 skis are in the shops down here. I'll post some reviews once I get out on them.:thumbsup:
Don't be surprised if you don't like the Firefox. You list yourself as an intermediate skier in your original description, and the firefox is mosdef an advanced/expert ski.
It is fun to ski on, but will wear you out by day's end, demands some technical ability to really enjoy it for the long haul.
Everything else on your list has more forgiving properties, which will help an intermediate become advanced.

If you had the chance to get a Hart Demo over there, I'd recommend the Hart Desire.
Another one I'd recommend is the Blizzard Emocion 7900.
Both of these skis are advanced level skis but with forgiving properties that will help an intermediate make that leap to become advanced.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga