• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Going to Big Sky - need instructor/rentals recs

valli

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We're going to Big Sky from January 11-17, and I was hoping to get recommendations for ski rentals and general advice for the area. We all have our own skis, but our gear is stranded in Tahoe through tragic circumstances. We were planning on spending this week in Tahoe at a friend's house, but the pipes burst and the house in uninhabitable, so my custom fit boots and Fischer skis are stuck up there. But on the bright side, we are going to Big Sky, which is supposed to be terrific. I would love suggestions on where to rent skis, names of ski instructors, and good restaurants. I would ideally like the names of instructors both for small children, and for myself, a strong intermediate/lower advanced skier.

You will love Big Sky~ I don't have any specific instructor recommendations, but I've had good experiences at that mountain with different coaches. I've taken a few group lessons and there were never more than 3 in my group in the afternoon session, which made it a very, very good deal economically.

In terms of restaurants, here are my favorites in the village (which is so small you won't believe it): Bambu Bar for sushi and Asian food, in the Mountain Village Building and The Cabin for delicious (and more expensive) dinners, also in the Mountain Village Building. On mountain there is one restaurant that makes killer burgers, I think it's called the Pinnacle (top of Ramcharger lift). There is also an amazing restaurant (the name escapes me) down on the road to Yellowstone (you need reservations) but it's not really the type of place to bring kids and it's pricey, sorry I can't remember the name, food was unbelievable.

There are some different rental places in the Mountain Lodge and also in the village, nothing amazing but decent rentals and demos. They don't do a lot of grooming at Big Sky so if it snows, as it usually does, you'll want to try something a little bit wider.

Have a blast!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna