• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Goggles over Glasses

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My experience with OTG goggles led me to get contact lenses. I just couldn't stop the fogging. I do wish someone would make prescription goggle lenses (not just inserts).

Christy

Angel Diva
I wish that too, though generally goggles over glasses work for me. The key for me is not dressing too warmly, which would make me too warm, which causes me to sweat, which causes fogging.

But this thread just made me realize – – I got new glasses this year, which are a little trendier than my last pair, which means they are bigger, and I wonder if these will fit under my goggles. I bet they won't. I might have to go shopping to try goggles on to see if anything will work.

Jilly

Staff member
Have you tried any of the visor helmets? I was asking today at the local shop. But he only sells the Salomon one and doesn't wear glasses.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
@mustski I use the Oakley Line Miner Inferno Snow. They don't have a fan, but a defogger similar to the one on your rear windshield.

They are expensive and somewhat heavy but they work really well, even in wet snowy Mammoth conditions.

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As someone who wears glasses too I found that I was never able to find a pair of goggles that fit properly over my glasses. I made the switch to contact lenses and it has worked much better for me.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I have awful eyesight and contacts wouldn’t fit. Always had thick glasses. I have Smith I/O X goggles and Smith visor helmet (can’t remember the model but it’s got a visor and adjustable vents on top) and fogging has not been an issue. Like Christy, I got new (and larger) glasses this year and, while it still fits, it takes a little more fussing to get the whole set up comfortable on my face. I tried other OTG goggles, and the Smith I/O X was the most comfortable.

Pixie Perfect

Certified Ski Diva
I have Smith Virtue goggles. They were not marketed as OTG goggles but I found they fit over my glasses comfortably.

Jilly

Staff member
I just bought a Head Queen helmet. My glasses fit under the visor. Not sure how it's going to work...fogging etc. I usually wear contacts for sports. But it will be nice to have a choice.

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just reporting back...I tried on various helmets and goggles in February. I ended up with Giro OTG Index goggles. Great snug fit but no problem over my rather large glasses frames. And I have a new Giro Strata helmet (with MIPS) to go with them. (Found a good sale deal on ego.com.)

marzNC

Angel Diva
I discovered in the last week that my current glasses fit better in my I/OS goggles than my previous glasses. For spring skiing when I'm only planning on skiing until early afternoon, nice to have the option of not putting in my daily wear contacts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965