• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Go-to lense colors

Fitmom

Certified Ski Diva
Hey ladies!

I have the Oakley Flight Deck xm goggles. I found replacement lenses on sale for $40 what colors are a must? Right now we have the sapphire lense which I use all the time. I’m debating between ordering a rose color for overcast and just plain clear. The last few times we’ve gone skiing it’s snowed quite a lot and we found it extremely difficult to see with our sapphire lenses. Any recommendations?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
From the Oakley Prizm line: high-intensity (HI) pink - lighter than the Rose Prizm, which has lower VLT. Some like the Rose for overcast. I find it too dark.

Christy

Angel Diva
I have the hi pink since I ski where it snows a lot. Actually I just use that all the time – – I don't have any other lenses. It works fine for me. I think the combo of the sapphire and the high pink is a good one. Are you considering the clear for night skiing? That's the only time I've ever heard of anyone using those.

Fitmom

Certified Ski Diva
I have the hi pink since I ski where it snows a lot. Actually I just use that all the time – – I don't have any other lenses. It works fine for me. I think the combo of the sapphire and the high pink is a good one. Are you considering the clear for night skiing? That's the only time I've ever heard of anyone using those.

Yeah we have tried to ski a few times this year when visiting keystone. We did one run and had to stop. Once was at night and the other was around 5:30 pm in snowy conditions. I’m thinking about doing the high pink and then buying a cheap pair of clear goggles for the few times we’ll go night skiing.

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Definitely the hi-pink for snowy, flat, crap conditions. I have that lens and it is great! I use it in conjunction with my torch iridium and it's a great combination! I am considering picking up a rose lens to see if it would work as a single lens solution. I think it may be too dark for the crappiest of crap days, but should work well on mostly cloudy to partly cloudy days. @Fitmom, where did you find your $40 lens sale?

Fitmom

Certified Ski Diva
Definitely the hi-pink for snowy, flat, crap conditions. I have that lens and it is great! I use it in conjunction with my torch iridium and it's a great combination! I am considering picking up a rose lens to see if it would work as a single lens solution. I think it may be too dark for the crappiest of crap days, but should work well on mostly cloudy to partly cloudy days. @Fitmom, where did you find your $40 lens sale?

https://www.bobssportschalet.com/oa...vVb86saKZH6gNTd5QP2KccDAhoWAb9sEaAldoEALw_wcB

I found them here. It doesn’t look like they have any pink so I might need to look a bit more for those lol. Since it seems there’s a lot of sales going on now I’m trying to pick up stuff for next season . Nobody prepares you for how quickly you can fall in love with this sport!

lucy

Angel Diva
My vote is for the hi pink prizm over the rose prizm for white out and cloud cover. I find they are too bright for partially cloudy days. DH has sapphire prizm and loves them.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
If goggle fit is important (as it is to me), I really think you'd be okay with the HI pink lens for night skiing. Cheap goggles somehow just wind up being...cheap? :noidea: (I had to learn the hard way, of course.)

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Timely subject. I've decided new (GOOD) goggles with interchangeable lenses will be my next big purchase. I'll be following the conversation!
A quality goggle is the bomb. What brand helmet do you have? My daughter and I both wear Giro helmets (that is what fits our head shape) and we have Anon WM1 goggles - love them soooo much.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi pink gave me a splitting headache when I tried them. I find the Rose tint is surprisingly good for low light conditions.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Hi pink gave me a splitting headache when I tried them. I find the Rose tint is surprisingly good for low light conditions.
Well, that's interesting. Do you have a history of migraines or other headaches? I do, so that's something ELSE for me to think about, thank you very much!:smile:

Lmk92

Angel Diva
A quality goggle is the bomb. What brand helmet do you have? My daughter and I both wear Giro helmets (that is what fits our head shape) and we have Anon WM1 goggles - love them soooo much.

I've also got a Giro helmet. I've been using basic Scott goggles, which seemed to work fine for a while, but now that my kids are taking me into some tricky places, it's hard to see the terrain well on certain days. My son uses OutdoorMaster goggles, and he's happy with them, but he doesn't worry so much about seeing the terrain as my daughter and I do (in fact, she often won't wear goggles because she says it messes up her depth perception). So I'm hoping when I get goggles, she'll find that she likes the different lens options.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, that's interesting. Do you have a history of migraines or other headaches? I do, so that's something ELSE for me to think about, thank you very much!:smile:
No history of headaches - I tried them on an overcast day when the light was pretty flat. I found the light from the snow by itself made them too bright. Also tried the Smith IOS blue which was better, but the rose prizm worked best for me. I'd been using a yellow lense for several years before that so possibly the pink was too much of a shock to the system compared to that.

Oakley were doing demos, which was a big help. It's very hard to tell when you're in the shop...

Jenny

Angel Diva
No history of headaches - I tried them on an overcast day when the light was pretty flat. I found the light from the snow by itself made them too bright. Also tried the Smith IOS blue which was better, but the rose prizm worked best for me. I'd been using a yellow lense for several years before that so possibly the pink was too much of a shock to the system compared to that.

Oakley were doing demos, which was a big help. It's very hard to tell when you're in the shop...
I would love to do an Oakley demo and settle this once and for all! the shops here let me take them to the window and look out, but it's not the same.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would love to do an Oakley demo and settle this once and for all! the shops here let me take them to the window and look out, but it's not the same.
Do you know anyone who has Oakley's, who'd swap goggles with you for a couple of runs?

Jenny

Angel Diva
Not those. My husband has some Oakley sunglasses with, I think, the Sapphire Prizm lense that I tried and liked, but I'd still like to really use the Hi Pink/Rose ones, too. Of course, on multiple days, so I could see them in both cloudy/flat light and sun!

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had a rather unsettled weather day at Squaw Valley last Sunday where there was fog and snow mixed with bright sun cutting through partly cloudy skies. It was quite dramatic and allowed me to put my Hi-Pink lens through a full range of paces. They were outstanding in everything but the bright sunlight. I got squinty pretty quickly once the sun broke through and started reflecting off the snow. I don't think my eyes are particularly sensitive to light, but that was a bit too much for me. So, Hi-Pink for flat-light, solid gray ceiling days with snow and/or fog; Torch Iridium for bluebird to partly cloudy days. That pretty much covers it with 2 lenses, and here's hoping the conditions don't drastically change when you're miles away from the second lens, unable to make a quick change :D For the record, I will err on the side of flat light and deal with a bit of squint on days like Sunday... I hate it when I can't see what's coming at me on the snow.

Littlesonique

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got the Giro Eave with the interchangeable lens with magnets because I couldn’t figure out the slash seal system. They came with 2 lens and then I got the 3rd one... so 1 for bluebird days, one for partial sun and one for clouds/storms. I don’t really love them because when I go to take them off, the magnets pop and the lens come off partially :confused: The pink for partial sun is a good everyday basic lens but definitely doesn’t cut it for full sun.

LauraVa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the rose which I use for everything, and I love them. But, I would go with the Hi pink if I already had the sapphire.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna