• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Full Tilt Boots

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

For the record, all Full Tilt Soul Sisters, past and current, came stock with Intuition Pro liner wrap version.
I think it is a true power wrap in the men's line, but the women's is alot different side by side. They are different materials and the fulltilt is about an inch shorter than the power wrap and has more padding when you compare them side by side. ( last years model, black and teal SS which looks the same as this years )

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
That may well be the case now, but in the case of DH's Classics and my Soul Sisters, same shell size/BSL, the liner heights of the 2 were identical. The main difference was that the liner from the Soul Sister was MUCH stiffer. We switched boots. We even switched with each of us wearing one of each boot, to disprove our feelings of craziness. I thought I might have an old pic of side by side, but not for these 2 boots. Seeing and wearing was believing. Trust me here. Could be a different story now. Wasn't in 2014 (not THAT long ago).
enhance

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@MaineSkiLady I agree, I had the same gold ones in the photo and when I first read the original post all I remembered was how hard, not just stiff but uncomfortable the liner was and didn't seem like a good fit for sore feet. I ended up realizing that I had a pair of the newer ones here and a regular intuition liner and compared them and reposted because at least last years was significantly more padded than what I had and the actual intuition PW. I don't know about the stiffness, I haven't skied these newer ones but we did get stiffer tongues so it may not be as stiff either, couldn't tell for sure. It's hard to tell what this years model is like though, the materials look more like the power wrap does on the outside the only thing they mention is the lower cuff. May or may not be as soft on the inside?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Abbi DD has the Full Tilt Rumor and did quite well in them last year (park and all mountain). The difference between the Rumor and the Plush is the last -- 99 vs 102. The Plush also has a more traditional style buckle system, the Rumor has cables, they have different liners. As mentioned earlier the tongues come in different levels of stiffness. I just tried on DD's boots as we have similar feet. The #4 tongue is pretty soft to me. The heel hold seems great. They are very light.

Here is link to the new catalog which may help compare liners etc. https://issuu.com/fulltiltboots/docs/full-tilt2016-2017

You may also consider Nordica for a 3 buckle boot that may be easier to get into - its seems they brought back the 3 buckle system from prior years Fire Arrow series - (100 last and 100 + flex) with a new boot called the N-Move in 102 last and flex 95 - 75.

Thanks! I hope to hold off on new boots another season or so, but my feet will drive that decision. And they aren't getting younger or more cooperative! ;-)

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just bought the 2015 Mary Jane...

https://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-ski-boots/full-tilt-mary-jane-womens.aspx

I have yet to ski in them...But, I am really loving how easy they are to get in and out of...I have a dorsal bunion (on top of my right foot) and my old boots were painful to put on and take off...the plush intuition liner feels like a dream...I haven't been to a boot fitter or baked them, I've decided to break them in on their own.

I also will be curious how the 3 buckle boot and progressive flex perform for me...it is stiffer than my old boot, but my old boot was very soft.

@Abbi One of the Brians of the (sadly no longer) Ski Center in DC, well-known/loved fitters who helped many DC area divas over the years, skis a Full Tilt and thinks they're great boots. He suggested the Full Tilt Mary Jane as an option for me but didn't have the right size in his shop and he thought I should shop around a bit more. I ultimately ended up going with a different boot (Sal. X Pro 80) but later saw the FT MJs in my size on Sierra Trading Post for a crazy end of season deal and got them too. Bottom line, the XPros seem to work better on my feet, but Full Tilts were extremely comfortable and easy on/off out of the box. They were so cheap that I think I still have them just in case I changed my mind. I can look for them if you want to PM me your size.

@Powgirl, I'd love to hear what you think of the Mary Janes after you have a few runs in them. They're very warm in addition to easy in/out, and I love the simplicity of the design and the look.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Off-topic . . . the Brians are working out of a new shop in the DC/Baltimore area. They are at the Ski Shoppe in Reisterstown. Grand re-opening was in early Nov 2016.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Abbi One of the Brians of the (sadly no longer) Ski Center in DC, well-known/loved fitters who helped many DC area divas over the years, skis a Full Tilt and thinks they're great boots. He suggested the Full Tilt Mary Jane as an option for me but didn't have the right size in his shop and he thought I should shop around a bit more. I ultimately ended up going with a different boot (Sal. X Pro 80) but later saw the FT MJs in my size on Sierra Trading Post for a crazy end of season deal and got them too. Bottom line, the XPros seem to work better on my feet, but Full Tilts were extremely comfortable and easy on/off out of the box. They were so cheap that I think I still have them just in case I changed my mind. I can look for them if you want to PM me your size.

@Powgirl, I'd love to hear what you think of the Mary Janes after you have a few runs in them. They're very warm in addition to easy in/out, and I love the simplicity of the design and the look.

If I did the PM right, I sent along my size. Thanks!!

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Copper was crazy crowded today...they state 4 runs open, but the top was icy from racing, so Main Vein was the only run available to me...and hundreds of others.

I did 3 long runs in the new boots and they felt fantastic. I am a bad girl or a dumb skier (maybe both), but I did not go to a bootfitter...did not have the liners heated as I wanted them to form to my foot while skiing. I did not wear them at all before today. I also bought the size recommended by Full Tilt and was worried they might be too big, but they really fit me like a glove. Of course, we will see how much they pack out, but every time I tried on a smaller size, in every boot, I felt pinching, pain, and my toes being smashed against the front of the boot. I wear a 8.5-9 in street shoes and bought the 25.5.

The boots were so easy to put and and take off...what a nice break for my beat up gardening feet and dorsal bunion. I have read that the buckles can be clumsy, but I found them to be quite easy. Its important to buckle the middle one first.

I love the Intuition liner...so warm and really hugs my feet...my feet, heel, never moved. And they are so light...my body was happy in lightweight boots and skis today.

I did not notice the progressive flex much...I found them a bit harder to flex than my old boots, but my old ones had a very soft flex of 55...the Mary Janes are 70-75. What I did notice, in a big way, was my lateral movement much improved. I believe I skied better today.

We are getting alot of snow tonight, so it will be interesting to see how they perform tomorrow on some powder.

For reference, I am an intermediate skier...I ski blues, so I have no idea how they would perform on really steep stuff. But they took the bumps nicely...I skied well on the bumps today...and carved a bit nicer, too.

I noticed alot of new lightweight equipment out there today...alot of women skiing on K2s and Head (Big Joy, what a purty ski).

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Copper was crazy crowded today...they state 4 runs open, but the top was icy from racing, so Main Vein was the only run available to me...and hundreds of others.

I did 3 long runs in the new boots and they felt fantastic. I am a bad girl or a dumb skier (maybe both), but I did not go to a bootfitter...did not have the liners heated as I wanted them to form to my foot while skiing. I did not wear them at all before today. I also bought the size recommended by Full Tilt and was worried they might be too big, but they really fit me like a glove. Of course, we will see how much they pack out, but every time I tried on a smaller size, in every boot, I felt pinching, pain, and my toes being smashed against the front of the boot. I wear a 8.5-9 in street shoes and bought the 25.5.

The boots were so easy to put and and take off...what a nice break for my beat up gardening feet and dorsal bunion. I have read that the buckles can be clumsy, but I found them to be quite easy. Its important to buckle the middle one first.

I love the Intuition liner...so warm and really hugs my feet...my feet, heel, never moved. And they are so light...my body was happy in lightweight boots and skis today.

I did not notice the progressive flex much...I found them a bit harder to flex than my old boots, but my old ones had a very soft flex of 55...the Mary Janes are 70-75. What I did notice, in a big way, was my lateral movement much improved. I believe I skied better today.

We are getting alot of snow tonight, so it will be interesting to see how they perform tomorrow on some powder.

For reference, I am an intermediate skier...I ski blues, so I have no idea how they would perform on really steep stuff. But they took the bumps nicely...I skied well on the bumps today...and carved a bit nicer, too.

I noticed alot of new lightweight equipment out there today...alot of women skiing on K2s and Head (Big Joy, what a purty ski).
This is awesome! You are SO lucky to be able to fit into boots without a fitting. (Not me....I have difficult feet). The reason for the flex difference might also be the liner..Intuition liners can add some stifffness.

And Yay for snow in Colorado!!!

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm either lucky or I'll be visiting a boot fitter mid-season...which is ok as I only spent $150 on the boot, free shipping...

Thanks for the tip on the Intution liners...I did notice they were harder to flex....but my feet were comfy today.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm either lucky or I'll be visiting a boot fitter mid-season...which is ok as I only spent $150 on the boot, free shipping...

Thanks for the tip on the Intution liners...I did notice they were harder to flex....but my feet were comfy today.
Glad you like your Full Tilts. I was excited about the Rumors but when I tried them on I hated the way the liners squished my toes. They weren't heated so that might have made a difference but my boot fitter encouraged me to move on.

Copper won't be worthwhile until they open the American Flyer lift. Racers are not supposed to practice on the runs under that lift although sometimes I've seen a few. I'm waiting to go there after most of the racers leave and the Flyer and/or Timberline Lifts open. We're going to Dillon Theatre on Dec. 7 so I'm thinking Keystone for my 1st day out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga