• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Full Tilt Boots

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As my feet (and the rest of my carcass) age less than gracefully, boots are the biggest pain. Bunions, slipped fat pads that have me standing skin to bone and a Morton's neuroma. AUUUGH. My footbeds are custom and my boots were selected by and fitted by (with six visits to tweak that first season) a professional boot fitter. He didn't even sell boots, just told me the only two he would approve for my feet and sent me off to purchase on my own. That's now a few years ago and as time passes ....... some days are just painful. I've seen another fitter (mine passed away. :-( ) who has tweaked as best as possible. And getting in and out is a battle; especially getting them off when the neuroma has acted up.

So .... does anyone have experience with Full Tilt? They were mentioned on this weeks Senior Skiing email.
https://en-us.fulltiltboots.com/ski-boots

There is a retailer in my skiing area so I can go try them on when I go north. But I am curious for now. Thanks, all!

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I owned a pair several years back and just check out last years model/liner. The stock liner to me doesn't seem as if it's going to have enough padding for you. The boot with a different liner may work.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Full Tilt uses the same 3 piece construction that some Dalbellos do, and I found it really easy to get in and out of the boot in my Dalbello Kryptons. Unfortunately, the boot turned out to be too stiff for me, but the comfort level was off the charts. If padding is an issue, you might look into either of those boots with an Intuition liner. I use the wrap-around.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This looks like a new one this year with a thicker more padded liner. The ones I had and the ones I looked at ( Soul Sister ) come with the intuition power wrap liner that is more stiff and less padded. They are really easy to get on and off, I used them for a short period of time because I had a sprained ankle and couldn't get a regular boot on, these were a breeze. I recall paying for new tongues to change the stiffness of the boot as of last season too.
https://en-us.fulltiltboots.com/ski-boots?gender=girls&liner=plush

Last edited:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I had Full Tilt Soul Sister a couple of years ago. While the foot fit was among the best I'd ever had, I had copious issues with the Intuition Pro liner. I probably could have messed with it further and/or replaced the liner, but I decided to sell them and return to Tecnica. Soul Sister had the #6 tongue, which I replaced with the #4 - which still made minimal difference in the stiffness.

ETA: entry/exit, however, is a dream. DH still has and loves his (classics), just got a replacement liner.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually the stock liner is slightly more padded that the power wrap, like a tiny bit.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
While the foot fit was among the best I'd ever had, I had copious issues with the Intuition Pro liner. I probably could have messed with it further and/or replaced the liner, but I decided to sell them and return to Tecnica.

Such a great example of why people should never ask "What's the best boot?" I loved the Intuition Pro liner. I got a Tecnica boot, but the liner was way too cold, so I swapped in my Intuitions.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Such a great example of why people should never ask "What's the best boot?" I loved the Intuition Pro liner. I got a Tecnica boot, but the liner was way too cold, so I swapped in my Intuitions.

Good point! All our feet ARE different! I now have some answers, which is a start. And no one thinks they were poorly made, or too sloppy (like the old rear-entry boots) to be useful. On the good days, my boots are great. On others, not so much. And I hate working up a sweat trying to get them on and off!! I'll check them out when I get north and think about it!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have Tecnica boots with the Intuition Dream Liner. And it is a dream.

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just bought the 2015 Mary Jane...

https://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-ski-boots/full-tilt-mary-jane-womens.aspx

I have yet to ski in them...But, I am really loving how easy they are to get in and out of...I have a dorsal bunion (on top of my right foot) and my old boots were painful to put on and take off...the plush intuition liner feels like a dream...I haven't been to a boot fitter or baked them, I've decided to break them in on their own.

I also will be curious how the 3 buckle boot and progressive flex perform for me...it is stiffer than my old boot, but my old boot was very soft.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just bought the 2015 Mary Jane...

https://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-ski-boots/full-tilt-mary-jane-womens.aspx

I have yet to ski in them...But, I am really loving how easy they are to get in and out of...I have a dorsal bunion (on top of my right foot) and my old boots were painful to put on and take off...the plush intuition liner feels like a dream...I haven't been to a boot fitter or baked them, I've decided to break them in on their own.

I also will be curious how the 3 buckle boot and progressive flex perform for me...it is stiffer than my old boot, but my old boot was very soft.
That's good to know, the website didn't make the plush liner obvious on that model. I might look at that model knowing that.
Wait, just looked at site, it looks like they don't make it anymore?? Am I just not seeing it?

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nope, FT did not make the Mary Jane this year...I think they might have replaced it with Plush. What I like about the boots fit was the width in the toe, but it is nice and snug in the ankle and heel...I tried on lots of boots this summer and this one felt the best. I tried Dalbello, but they were too roomy in the ankles and heel...I also tried Tecnica and there was too much heel lift.

Jilly

Staff member
Actually the Dabello's and Full Tilts come off the Raichle boot from the 1980's. They are not really rear-entry boot. I had a pair of Raichle's back then. Junior race boots even. Great boot.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What does plush mean? To me, plus shouts "I'm going to pack out!"

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What does plush mean? To me, plus shouts "I'm going to pack out!"
More padded. Probably likely to pack out sooner but the ones I had were horribly uncomfortable on my bone spurs and DD actually got a terrible bone spur from the power wraps not having enough padding. So for some it's a trade-off. Although my last boots were nicely padded and lasted longer than any boot I've had in terms of packing out.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Abbi DD has the Full Tilt Rumor and did quite well in them last year (park and all mountain). The difference between the Rumor and the Plush is the last -- 99 vs 102. The Plush also has a more traditional style buckle system, the Rumor has cables, they have different liners. As mentioned earlier the tongues come in different levels of stiffness. I just tried on DD's boots as we have similar feet. The #4 tongue is pretty soft to me. The heel hold seems great. They are very light.

Here is link to the new catalog which may help compare liners etc. https://issuu.com/fulltiltboots/docs/full-tilt2016-2017

You may also consider Nordica for a 3 buckle boot that may be easier to get into - its seems they brought back the 3 buckle system from prior years Fire Arrow series - (100 last and 100 + flex) with a new boot called the N-Move in 102 last and flex 95 - 75.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another option, unless your boots are shot, is to buy a heated boot bag so the shell plastic is warm and soft when you put them on. That should help some.

Getting rid of the bunion and neuroma was the best thing I ever did for my feet. The surgeries suck and the recovery is awful, but the results for all boots and shoe styles are fantastic.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
For the record, all Full Tilt Soul Sisters, past and current, came stock with Intuition Pro liner wrap version.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna