• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Free skiing for 4th,5th,& 6th graders

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know just enough about this topic to get you started.

We had friends who came to ski in Vermont with us this weekend. They explained that Vermont has a program where you show a photo and a report card of your 5th grader and the kid gets a booklet in the mail for free skiing at loads of ski areas in Vermont. He told me that Pennsylvania has a similar program for 4th graders and that Colorado has a program for 6th graders. In all cases you do not have to be a resident of the state to qualify. There may be a $10 fee for the booklet and a parent must buy a lft ticket, but that's it. The student does not have to have all A's or anything special.

Perhaps somebody on this forum has more info thean I do. Unfortunately, since we have no kids, I did not get all the details and only thought about sharing the info when THE DIVA suggested it today.

Jilly

Staff member
Ontario has a similar program for grade 5. It includes lift, lesson and rentals for a small price. The idea is to get the kids skiing and maybe the parents will bring them out more. Not sure how the program works as I'm in the same boat as lilgeorg - no kids.

Skimom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Colorado has a program for 5th graders. They get to ski free three times at each resort in Colorado. It comes with a few coupons (they aren't that great) for lessons or bring a parent. In 6th grade you can get the same deal for $59. It's been worth it for us! That's why we generally to 4 packs to different resorts when our kids are in those grades. Otherwise I like to do a season pass.

jnmcarroll

Certified Ski Diva
Washington and Idaho also have a 5th grade ski free pass. My daughter used it last year and I am excited for my oldest son to get it next year. They get three free ski days at each of the area resorts. It makes it a little cheaper for a family to follow the freshies!:thumbsup:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Maine has a real nice program that was recently expanded:

Ski Maine 5th Grade Program - Plus 6th & 7th Grade, Too!
www.winterkids.org/passport
Info: [email protected]; 207-871-5700.

Maine's program, "5th, 6th, and 7th Grade Passport", reaches well into middle school. Maine school kids get free cross-country, alpine skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and tobogganing at Maine ski areas. Here’s the breakdown: the 5th Grade Passport offers three days of skiing at each of 16 alpine and 19 Nordic ski areas, a total of 150 days of free skiing; the 6th Grade Passport offers two days at each area, 100 days total; and the 7th Grade Passport offers one day at each area, totaling 50 days. Individual ski areas offer additional incentives to kids and families, including free and discounted lessons, rentals, lift tickets for parents and siblings, and hot chocolate.

The Passport is also good at 11 ice skating arenas, three sledding/tubing hills and a dog sledding venue.

Children must be accompanied by a paying adult with a maximum of two Passport holders per adult. Every 5th, 6th, and 7th grader - including comparably aged home-schoolers) in the state is eligible. Applications are distributed through schools, Peoples Bank branches, L.L. Bean, Hannaford Supermarkets, TD BankNOrth branches and on the web site.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga