• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Foam Roller

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH is scoffing at this new "toy" of mine.

I don't know, maybe everyone knows about this tool already, but this is one of those things worth mentioning!

So, first week of November, which is really too late, but then -- ski season didn't start for me until just before Christmas, so it was still worth doing! -- I started working out in a gym, with a trainer, "getting ready for ski season."

Last time I saw her was last Friday -- I was planning a newyears eve morning work out, but DH wanted to go skiing, so...

Anyway, she introduced me to the foam roller that morning, since I was going skiing the next morning, and it was "leg day."

THIS MORNING, I got out of bed hardly moving, hard to hold my head up, etc. Everything ached, so I just sat for like two hours, feeling lousy. Thinking about it, we've skied seven of the last fourteen days leading up to this morning. That's an intense start! I've also had two or three sessions with Kelly in that time.

I picked up an 18" long foam roller at Target the other day, thinking I wanted to have one at home. Decided maybe I'd give it a try. Couldn't really say any muscles felt tight, aside from the stiff neck, but what the heck, right?

I am a new woman in ten minutes!

He's admitted to feeling the skiing too (I may have always been the couch potato queen in our house, but he's the Supreme High King of couch potatoes), so I wonder if he'll sneak in some time on the roller while I'm gone this afternoon?

Nice thing about this short size: it will pack in my duffel when we go to Grand Targhee later this month -- and I may be very glad I've got it with me!!!

Karen in Boise

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, I'm a HUGE fan of the foam roller. I was having major IT band issues in the spring when I was training for a half-marathon, and while PT did the trick to fix it, the foam roller has helped me maintain. It's truly amazing what it can do! I :love: mine!

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love mione too!! Has been amazing for my IT bands!:thumbsup:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone purchased a half round foam roller from a (brick and mortar) store? I've seen the full round ones, but haven't seen a half round for sale in person and would love a tip for where to find one.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My gym (24 hours fitness) has the half ones for sale...do you want me to take a look at them next time I go in? (Tuesday).

Jilly

Staff member
Since both Hot Chocolate and I seem to be saying the same thing:

:useless:

What's this thing look like??

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here is more information than you could possibly ever want about the foam roller. :p I use mine almost entirely for IT band, but there are lots of other good uses, too. They're a wonder, and relatively cheap, $20-30.

Jilly

Staff member
Thanks itri, that's looks neat. One foot on log - yeah that's going to happen!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga