• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Fitness Watch - skiing

Jilly

Staff member
I have the Garmin Venu. Love it. Can't remember if I used it for skiing or Ski Tracks. Maybe this year Ikon will get us on the Ikon app. No Canadian resorts were on the app.

Venu is the poor man's Fenix. Not quite all those neat features.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Fenix 6S, I got one second-hand at the end of last year and I enjoy it! Agreed that I enjoy how it looks a bit more like a "regular" watch, I have one of the aftermarket straps as well as the default rubber strap because it came with it and it looks quite stylish with it, I really like the always-on display as well (the tech has a name, just can't remember what it's called). I can't go back to having to flick my wrist to view the watch face haha. Plus it's just super powerful and can track everyythhinnngggg. Seems durable too, mine still looks brand new.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Fenix 6S, I got one second-hand at the end of last year and I enjoy it! Agreed that I enjoy how it looks a bit more like a "regular" watch, I have one of the aftermarket straps as well as the default rubber strap because it came with it and it looks quite stylish with it, I really like the always-on display as well (the tech has a name, just can't remember what it's called). I can't go back to having to flick my wrist to view the watch face haha. Plus it's just super powerful and can track everyythhinnngggg. Seems durable too, mine still looks brand new.
Awesome, good to hear. I'm thinking the 6S pro looks good because that's the one on 50% off!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome, good to hear. I'm thinking the 6S pro looks good because that's the one on 50% off!
That's the one I have! (well, I have the sapphire, which is just the pro with a sapphire screen = more durability, a bit less light transmission. I understand the display is easier to read on the regular non-sapphire display but whatever, I'm used to mine now!) All the functionality you'd ever need imo :smile:

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Like @elemmac and others here I have the garmin fenix 6s sapphire, and before that I had the fenix 5s sapphire. I use it for running, biking, mtn, uphill skiing, kiteboarding, hiking, spin, treadmill, strength training, yoga, walking, XC skiing. I have used it for going downhill for skiing and for snowboarding but it’s not practical to stop and start it on hill after getting all the layers on. If I started and stopped it inside then it would make sense to me. I’ve done that but I’ve also inadvertently stopped it when moving around and the entire time I don’t have a clue that I’ve done that and it ends up draining the battery. However, with uphill skiing (and the other sports I named) most of my layers are minimal that I can more easily start and stop the watch. It’s a great watch i highly recommend! The return back to start feature is great if I wander off course on a hike or a run or a walk.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Like @elemmac and others here I have the garmin fenix 6s sapphire, and before that I had the fenix 5s sapphire. I use it for running, biking, mtn, uphill skiing, kiteboarding, hiking, spin, treadmill, strength training, yoga, walking, XC skiing. I have used it for going downhill for skiing and for snowboarding but it’s not practical to stop and start it on hill after getting all the layers on. If I started and stopped it inside then it would make sense to me. I’ve done that but I’ve also inadvertently stopped it when moving around and the entire time I don’t have a clue that I’ve done that and it ends up draining the battery. However, with uphill skiing (and the other sports I named) most of my layers are minimal that I can more easily start and stop the watch. It’s a great watch i highly recommend! The return back to start feature is great if I wander off course on a hike or a run or a walk.
Have you found that the 6S is an improvement over the 5S? I have the 5S and I find that it loses GPS when tracking runs and walks - as well as telling me that I've clocked some truly record-breaking speeds from time to time (top speed of 71 km/h running - sign me up for the Olympics). I did manage to fall and crack the screen a couple of years ago so possibly that's messed things up a bit - but even before that it seemed to show me running right through the middle of a lake on one of my regular running routes.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I did notice that with the 5s but I lived in nyc at the time and it was typically due to the tall buildings messing with the gps. I haven’t had an issue with the 6s but for the past couple (moving onto 3!) years I’ve lived in Vermont it’s been great!

knolan12

Angel Diva
I have a Garmin Vivoactive and really like it! It's stylish (people don't realize it's a fitness watch) and has all the features I need.

I really like the skiing mode. At larger mountains, it will tell you all the trails you do and at smaller ones, it will at least tell you how many runs you do,etc.

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got a Venu 2s this summer and so far so good for walking, hiking, running, biking, golfing. It has a ski mode but I obviously haven't tried it yet!

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did notice that with the 5s but I lived in nyc at the time and it was typically due to the tall buildings messing with the gps. I haven’t had an issue with the 6s but for the past couple (moving onto 3!) years I’ve lived in Vermont it’s been great!
Thanks - trees seem to be a big problem for my 5S which I think would be the same as you were finding for tall buildings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna