• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Fischer Vision Breeze - a keeper!

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I finally got to try out my new skis today, and I LOVE them! :love: I got them in a 150 cm length, which is the minimum ski length I'd use. I'm 5'3", ~170 lbs, 52 years old, and about a level 6 or 7 skier.

I had so much fun on these skis. The conditions were frozen granular/hardpack, with some icy spots. The skis held a nice edge on the ice, and turned on a dime, with a nice pop at the end of each turn to propel me into the next one. Stable at speed, a natural for short turns but handled longer turns just fine. I'll be taking these to VT this coming weekend (probably Killington and Stratton)--hopefully I can put them through the paces in more varied conditions. Am anxious to see how they behave in softer snow and crud.

Jilly

Staff member
I fell in love with those skis last year. Nobody here sells them. Isn't it neat how they carve on ice?? I'm glad someone else is enjoying them.

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a blast on them--it's the first time I actually yelled "Wooooohooooooo!" as I skied down a steeper run! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Congrats SueNJ! Nothing like a whoo-hoo!

Nice to see that some other Divas are going shorter as well. Jilly, you ski shorter skis too, don't you? At my current skill level, I like a range from 156 for ice/groomer skis to 163 for my all mountain pow skis. I'm 5'7", 145 lbs. 48 yr. old intermediate skier moving toward advanced....

I skied my Attiva AC2s today (156) on icy groomers, steeps and all, and they were secure and still gave me some flex to carve where the snow was softer. They have a bit of a speed limit, but when I'm at my smaller mountain and skiing with my kids, that suits me fine. In a perfect world, I would have a 2nd groomer ski like the Fuego or the Olympia Victory for kid-less hero snow days. :D

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SNWL, my longest skis are my Queen Attivas, 156 cm. My other favorites, Volkl Attiva 5* are 154 cm. I can't imagine myself going any longer than 156. Even with my higher weight for my height, I don't feel like I'm overpowering any of my skis, and I'm happy with the stability at higher speeds.

Jilly

Staff member
When I demo'd the Victory it was a 162, the Breeze was 160. I've got maybe 2"on you and just less by 5 lb. I'm skiing the Z5 at 154, but the shovel on that thing is huge. What I couldn't get over with the Breeze was the way it held the hardpack. There is a knoll on Tremblants north side that is always scraped off. I was trying to keep up with 2 hot shots and I went to carve a turn on top of that knoll and that ski held. Since it was the first day of demo, the skis could have been just tuned, but I don't think that was it. The construction of the ski makes it hold.

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jilly, I agree--my SO and I did one run down the edge of one of the terrain parks at the ski area we were at today. He commented on how icy it was. I didn't even notice that it was very icy. These skis were rock solid. Perfect for skiing typical northeast conditions!

skigirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Welcome to the Fischer fan club!!:yahoo: I've skied the Breeze and really like that ski too.
They perform out west just as nice as they do in the East. I just had my Fischer Vision 70s out west for 10 days and they were Great. :ski3:

I've gone down in length again. I am now skiing on a 146cm and I love them. :love:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga