• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Favorite lodge picnic foods/ snacks.

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you're headed out for a day and decide to pack a lunch/ snacks what do you like to bring? I need some ideas! Anyone keep snacks in their pockets?

I have to say I love a small stash of hot tamales in my coat.

beckylh84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I sometimes keep mini Cliff bars in my pocket and snack on one of those during the day. I almost always take my lunch to save money. My favorite ski day snacks are butter and nutella or peanut butter and nutella sandwiches.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mini Snickers bars. I start the day with a whole pocketful of them. I often ski with families. When I 'catch' the kids doing something good (stopping to pick up a pole for a friend, making lots of turns, keeping their hands up in front, whatever), I throw them a mini prize and praise them in front of everyone. It keeps those around me on their best behavior.

For me, I like to take a ziplock full of M&Ms peanut butter candies. I call them Power Pellets. Or Gummy Bears. Mmmmmmm.

As for our lunch, we always bring homemade soups in thermos bottles and some hearty bread with thick chunks of cheese and sausage. Hard boiled eggs. Carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes. And beer.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snack-size Ziplock bags of trail mix, Rice Crispy treats, Nature Valley Oats and Honey bars, and mini bottles of Pepsi are the things you'll find in my pocket or the side of my boot bag. That, along with a good breakfast, will keep me going all day.

mustski

Angel Diva
I am a sandwich girl. I think its about the cheese because without cheese ... well it just isn't interesting. Other than than, I live on a big breakfast and water because I hate taking breaks.

Pocono bunny

Certified Ski Diva
I'm a clif bar girl too and fruit leather and almonds are great for jacket pockets. I always try to take food, but sometimes I forget it in the car! Sandwiches always travel well, but thermoses of homemade soup are my favorite. Renting a locker to stash your lunch in is a LOT cheaper than buying it!

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cliff bar for me. Anyone else warm them up by putting them in their sports bra? Impossible to eat otherwise! :becky:

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In my coat I'll usually keep a chewy bar and/or string cheese. For lunch, a peanut butter sandwich and whatever we happen to have at the house regarding a piece of fruit and sides like cheez-its, trail mix or more string cheese.

whitewater girl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
a thermos of hot soup or chili works best for me - I don't eat while actually on the slopes; by lunch time I'm usually ready to take a break to go warm up somewhere (hot lemonade to drink is nice too)...

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
a thermos of hot soup or chili works best for me - I don't eat while actually on the slopes; by lunch time I'm usually ready to take a break to go warm up somewhere (hot lemonade to drink is nice too)...

That does sound good, remember hot Dr Pepper back in the 80's?

Soujan

Angel Diva
I'll make a chili or a stew, heat it up in the morning and put it in a thermos. It's still nice and hot by the time lunch time comes around. It's never occurred to me to have lemonade hot. I'll have to try it.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sandwich, small apple, cookies, cut up carrots sticks. I get bored with sandwiches. I love the tamale idea!

Bayla

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We love hummus and feta on pita bread with some red and green peppers. Already flat and easy to eat. They travel well in tortillas wraps also. Don't add tomatoes or cucumbers since it may make things soggy. The peppers travel well. Bananas, snack bars and pbj's of course. My last instructor bought a "drink" but used the foam cup for hot water and brought his own packs of oatmeal.

SuZieCoyote

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pocket Eat-ables

Those foil packs of almond butter are great, as are squares of dark chocolate, apple slices, cheese slices and turkey breast slices, all in those cute little snackie baggies. :drool:

skimamma

Certified Ski Diva
Our usual favorites for the camel baks are wrap sandwiches, clementines, fresh veggies, and a small candy bar. HOWEVER, this year I have an issue--gluten free daughter. It is going to get a little more difficult for the "main course". Some ideas--pickles wrapped with cream cheese & lunch meat, cheese/humus & GF crackers, cold chicken or turkey. I am going to have to revisit your ideas throughout the season to get more suggestions!

whitewater girl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Our usual favorites for the camel baks are wrap sandwiches, clementines, fresh veggies, and a small candy bar. HOWEVER, this year I have an issue--gluten free daughter. It is going to get a little more difficult for the "main course". Some ideas--pickles wrapped with cream cheese & lunch meat, cheese/humus & GF crackers, cold chicken or turkey. I am going to have to revisit your ideas throughout the season to get more suggestions!

GF crackers do travel better than GF bread - actual, being GF is alot of why I started doing meals in the thermos (though having a hot meal is real nice)...

...home-made trail mix is good, the clementines, fresh veggies, and a small candy bar still work...I get rice tortillas that make a nice wrap that travels well (Food For Life puts them out)...peanut or nut butters on GF crackers, celery, apples...just cut-up cheese...

I often go with round tortilla chips instead of GF crackers (lower glycemic index, lower cost - check that they are GF) - clicks well with the humus idea, as well as a variety of dips & salsas, even cheese..and they're are great with soup!

...yogurt with granola or trail mix (or just plain nuts)...how about cold cooked chicken? Or cold pizza (which I make with those rice tortilas for a crust - or get some GF Bisquick & go online for the Bisquick pizza crust recipe)

Lots of possibilities...it's just time to "think out of the"...sandwich

Zard

Certified Ski Diva
I almost always make a tray of brownies and put them in Tupperware so they don't get smushed.

ChgoSkier

Certified Ski Diva
I'm kinda boring. Either a Nature Valley snack bar or a ziplock filled with homemade trailmix. I prefer making my own because there with the premade ones, there is always one item I don't like in the mix. And my Camelbak filled with water to help wash everything down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna