• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Favorite Destinations....

abc

Banned
I don't have "a" favorate. In fact, I'm not sure if I could narrow it into top 10!

Taos is one of my top favorate. Don't know why, perhaps the vibe? Or the scenery... ;-)

Of the rest, Snowmass, Squaw, Alta/Snowbird are probably a draw. They're all great and in different ways. I can't really say which one is more or less of my favorates.

There're still quite a few more good ones (e.g. Breckenridge, A-basin, Vail, Copper, Canyons, Heavenly, etc.). I just can't go on listing them as my (albeit second) favorates. Or the list will just keep growing... ;-)

I had good memory of Austria but that was over 10 years ago. I don't know if I still feel the same way. I'm guessing I still do.

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OMG, what a hoot this is!!!
Since I posted that, I've been to enough places outside of Michigan to have developed a real idea of a fav destination.
See what happens once you become a Ski Diva? Michigan skiing will never look the same again!

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jackson Hole. A couple of years ago we took a trip to Jackson. It snowed every day for a month leading up to our trip. Unfortunately, there was a heat wave the day before we got there and then the snow froze solid. We still enjoyed ourselves, but didn't get to explore the mountain the way we wanted to.

Also Crested Butte and Telluride. Haven't skied at CB since my freshman year of college and have never had the pleasure at Telluride.

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whistler is mine so far.

Always had a great time there, love the village, the people, the snow, the skiing and the fun. Nice bars at the bottom of the lifts to sit outside, listen to live music and watch everyone bring it home at the end of the day.

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whistler and Wanaka

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Like SnowHot back in 2006, my confession is that I've only skied in Tahoe as an adult.

I did ski once in Colorado when I was 8 years old... Keystone maybe. No one in my family had skied before, so we all took lessons. Not knowing any better, my mom way over dressed me, so I quickly overheated and was sent back to the resort to get help from my aunt while the rest of my lesson group took off to learn more than how to get up when you fall. My cousin taught me how to use the pull rope and that is where I spent the rest of the day... snow plowing down, then falling at the bottom, so as to not crash into the orange safety net.... over and over and over... So, I'm sure Keystone is great, but I really didn't see very much of it.

From Tahoe, Northstar on a weekday is my favorite non-home mountain. Still enough going on to have a fun atmosphere, but not the insane lines they have on the weekends.

RuthB

Angel Diva
Yeah to Wanaka, we are off there in just under a month - I hope it snows every day until we go! Other than that BC (before child) we had three years where we sacrificed our summer (wasn't hard) and spent about four weeks each year in Canada. My favourites, ones that I really want to go back to, are Lake Louise, Fernie, Kicking Horse, Taynton Bowl at Panorama (not that fussed on the rest of the field, but had a blast in Taynton and practically had it to ourselves), Sun Peaks, Silver Star and Whistler. Back in New Zealand Temple Basin and the other club fields in Canterbury and Mt Potts, although haven't skiied any of them in a long time. Here's a link for those who aren't familiar with NZ skiing https://www.templebasin.co.nz/index.html and https://www.snow.co.nz/index.asp

Ruth

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna