• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Favorite Destinations....

snowflake

Certified Ski Diva
So ladies what is your favorite ski destination. Not your home ski area but somewhere you just love to go ski, maybe even your fantasy destination.

For me my favorite place in the whole wide wold to ski is Ischgel Austria. Great snow no people and unbelievable terrain. Just thinking about it now puts a huge smile on my face. I wanna go now!

One place that I'd really like to go skiing and have never been to is Kicking Horse. I've heard great things about the skiing there. Maybe this winter....

tcarey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just love Park City! The skiing is top notch and there are some fabulous restaurants and sights to visit!

T

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a confession! I've never skied outside Michigan. I have canceled several trips to Colorado for various reasons(non good enough if you ask me)
I just want to ski with my sister in law on her home mountain, Arapahoe Basin!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
And to think, Snowhot, all that will change in December! :D

It's really hard to choose. There are a lot of places I haven't been, but among the mountains I've skied, I think Snowmass tops the list. So much to choose from, and so much fun. I really like Beaver Creek, too. Could do without the snooty attitude, but once you get past that, the skiing is really first rate (and yes, I liked it better than Vail).

Where would I like to ski? So many choices, so little funds! Off the top of my head, I'd love to try Heavenly, The Canyons, Snowbird, Alta, & Kicking Horse (really anywhere in the Canadian Rockies). And in the east, I want to try Burke (think I'll make it there this winter).

I guess the better question is where DON'T I want to ski? (I know -- the Poconos in Pennsylvania!)

love2ski

Diva in Training
My very favorite trip was to Lake Louise a couple of years ago. It was the best skiing I've ever done.

My 2nd favorite is Sunday River in Maine. Love that place!! 8 interconnected mountains, no people, no lines and tons of snow. I've been there 6 times!

Marigee

Angel Diva
My favorite place to ski is Steamboat - like Molly. I am planning on skiing there twice this year. Once with family and once with my sisters.

I also like the Canyons but haven't had the chance to ski there for several years.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Only One?

This is too hard! I started with my top three, then had to go to five--
Jackson Hole
Big Sky
Squaw Valley
Snowbird
Blackcomb/Whistler

The short list to try includes Taos and getting deeper into the Canadian Rockies.

Jilly

Staff member
BC - Whistler, Sun Peaks, Red, Fernie and Silver Star. All great mountains with their individual quirks. US West, we haven't been in probably 10 years. But I loved Tahoe. Colorado altitude does me in. Too much of sea level gal I guess. In the East my favorite next to Tremblant (home) is Mont Ste. Anne, then the Townships in which I would included Jay Peak. Fantasy - I want to go back to Europe. We skied Tignes/Val d'isere and Trois Vallee back in the late 80's. I want to see the difference now.

Well, this is kind of a "duh" for me! :D (because of my screen name!) I grew up in Vail (late 60's,70's & 80's) and the mountain has grown so much! I live in Denver now, but it is still my favorite "destination!"

I agree with the snobiness of Beaver Creek (you can't drive up to the area...and did you know they don't allow dogs there?) A mountain town that doesn't allow dogs is just WRONG!

I adore Steamboat and Breckenridge, too. I'm a Colorado Gal.

I was in Stowe when I was younger....loved it! (cold....they handed out blankets on the lift!)

I'm trying Taos in January for the first time.

My dream.....to ski in Austria & Switzerland! (the very model for Vail!)

Great Question! Fun answers!

nelsapbm

Certified Ski Diva
I absolutely love Utah. Alta is my absolute favorite. Love the town of Park City too, but wasnt all that impressed with the skiing there.

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love skiing at Taos, Mad River Glen, and A-Basin. But I think it always has a lot to do with the company.

I remember being really impressed with Verbier in Switzerland when I was eighteen. Not sure what I would think now.

On my wish list is Big Sky and Alta and any place in Chile right for the summer. Still not quite over the ski season.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a confession! I've never skied outside Michigan. I have canceled several trips to Colorado for various reasons(non good enough if you ask me)
I just want to ski with my sister in law on her home mountain, Arapahoe Basin!

And to think, Snowhot, all that will change in December! :D
OMG, what a hoot this is!!!
Since I posted that, I've been to enough places outside of Michigan to have developed a real idea of a fav destination, However, I would like to reserve the right to change it after I travel more..:eyebrows:
East coast Fav(so far) Stowe!
Rocky Mountain Fav(so far) Abasin - Love the small mt vibe with some awesome terrain and possibilities!

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's really hard to choose just one. I've been to 58 different resorts and I think I would happily return to each. My favorites come from a combination of terrain, company and weather

Canyons
Zell Am See
Sunday River
Sugarbowl
Steamboat

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna