• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Favorite body lotion with sunscreen?

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone have a body lotion with sunscreen they particularly like? I'm looking for something for slathering on everywhere every day, not a fancy face lotion. I use a lot of lotion with the climate here so ideally something that comes in a pump bottle vs a smaller tube. The internet definitely has some favorites (supergoop?) but I'd love some personal recommendations if anyone has favorites.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
What she said ^^^^^.
I'm not thrilled with any super Goop product I've tried as they're all greasy.
I do like Piz Buin (not sold in the US) for face cream w spf 50 and they do have a body lotion that I haven't tried. I'm super picky.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
La Roche-Posay Anthelios (for face, but I use it elsewhere)
Coppertone, Hawaiian Tropic, Banana Boat

Do Not Like
I find Supergoop greasy too. Neutrogena irritates my skin.
Sun Bum Signature (sexy black bottle) lotion started to go bad (runny, separating, clumpy) really fast.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another vote for La Roche-Posay Anthelios - love the stuff. I also have a bad reaction to Neutrogena, which causes my rosacia to flare up.

I also like sunblocks w/zinc oxide (e.g. Blue Lizard), but they can make your skin appear whitish - something I don't care about as long as I get the needed protection.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
That’s the only thing I didn’t like about La Roche Posay. It left a white residue on my skin.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Actually, what I would really like to find is a body lotion (non-greasy, unscented) that has a decent sunscreen in it rather than a sunscreen for the beach (like sun bum).

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, what I would really like to find is a body lotion (non-greasy, unscented) that has a decent sunscreen in it rather than a sunscreen for the beach (like sun bum).

Yes, that is what I'm going for.

Currently I have an SPF 25 lotion from Eucerin that they happened to have at Target, and it's ok... it goes on slightly greasy but dries quickly and well. The SPF 25 isn't really enough for the mountains, though. I'd recommend it if you're not getting blasted by UV at 9k+ ft. :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have a basic drugstore one, Aveeno with SPF 15, that is not enough sunscreen. I'm willing to spend more but can't find a moisturizer with a sunscreen that I like. Possibly Dermalogica or PizBuin may have one...

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
I like Oil of Olay Complete with SPF 15. I think it's meant just for face, but I use it on face, neck and chest (decolletage sounds better), forearms and back of hands. My skin is not that dry and I don't live in a high sun area so YMMV.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
There are plenty of good moisturizers for face, but I’m primarily looking for body moisturizer with sunscreen and pump ! Picky, I know.

altagirl

Staff member
I like supergoop but I have really dry skin.
Same. Combine that with dry desert air and I usually look for moisturizers that get reviewed as too greasy for most...

I tend to put on my normal moisturizer with SPF on top just because otherwise my skin soaks up so much. But can see where one product would be nice!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like Oil of Olay Complete with SPF 15. I think it's meant just for face, but I use it on face, neck and chest (decolletage sounds better), forearms and back of hands. My skin is not that dry and I don't live in a high sun area so YMMV.
Me too, I use the SPF30 version over everything exposed like you do, sinks in, light, non-greasy - have used it for more than 30 years now and just keep on coming back to it

elemmac

Angel Diva
I have a basic drugstore one, Aveeno with SPF 15, that is not enough sunscreen. I'm willing to spend more but can't find a moisturizer with a sunscreen that I like.
I use the same…Aveeno with SPF15 as an everyday moisturizer. If I need more SPF for extended time in the sun, I use it in conjunction with regular sunblock.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bondi Sands SPF 50. Fragrance free. Great for daily moisturizer. Wear it every day. Couldn't find in stores in my area (Denver Suburb) so had to order from Amazon. Use Paula's Choice sunscreens for face. Also Fragrance Free.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like the Alba botanical body sunscreen in a pump bottle. Not their more fence products in a smaller squeeze packaging.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna