• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Expedition Kirkwood Womens 2 Day

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
She was spicy. Pretty crusty. Once you got through the lumpy troughs of crust it was pretty nice and soft. It was windy up there and vis was declining so i was glad we only went up there a couple of times.
Yeah once you get past the nastiness, it's really quite a nice run.... and everyone just stands there not moving trying to figure out their approach....and it can be slick.....

K.LoSki

Certified Ski Diva
Yeah once you get past the nastiness, it's really quite a nice run.... and everyone just stands there not moving trying to figure out their approach....and it can be slick.....
Oh yeah it was a total mine field at the top, people just dropping in, boarders on their butts, but yeah it was only the first couple of turns. If i get there early enough this weekend i might go do 10 again and check out some of the trees towards the bottom.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Oh yeah it was a total mine field at the top, people just dropping in, boarders on their butts, but yeah it was only the first couple of turns. If i get there early enough this weekend i might go do 10 again and check out some of the trees towards the bottom.
Or can't you go towards skiers right to get in that other bowl? I haven't been up there in a few years as don't ski Kirkwood too much anymore mostly because it's not logistically that convenient. We used to stay at the lodging accommodations there and the newer ones are really nice.

K.LoSki

Certified Ski Diva
Or can't you go towards skiers right to get in that other bowl? I haven't been up there in a few years as don't ski Kirkwood too much anymore mostly because it's not logistically that convenient. We used to stay at the lodging accommodations there and the newer ones are really nice.
Yep we did that too. That takes you over into Eagle bowl, which then you can cruise over to the backside. We did that too, eagle bowl was great, i was exhausted at that time though, so im hoping to go check it out again this weekend.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
It would be fun to meet up with you some time at Kirkwood. We used to ski off Cornice chair a lot, Look out Janek, the run under the chair, Sentinel Bowl, Monty's ?, really fun times.

K.LoSki

Certified Ski Diva
It would be fun to meet up with you some time at Kirkwood. We used to ski off Cornice chair a lot, Look out Janek, the run under the chair, Sentinel Bowl, Monty's ?, really fun times.
I love chair 6! Cornice is my jam, all of those runs are a blast. Yeah i'd love that! I think we had messaged about meeting up a couple of weeks ago, i got sick and stayed home mostly that week and didnt get out to ski much. Coincided with a windy week too i think. Yeah hit me up sometime, it would be a blast.

MotherDuck

Certified Ski Diva
Yeah once you get past the nastiness, it's really quite a nice run
Agreed and also realized that on some days it wasn’t as nasty as the others. The first time I skied down the Wall (on the New Year Day), the drop off on the top was horrifying and was literally to drop off from a narrow wall. And on another day(3/8/2024), it was an easy slide into a bowl.

The nice run afterwards is always a big reward for going up but I’d definitely be cautious if skiing solo.

MotherDuck

Certified Ski Diva
I love chair 6! Cornice is my jam, all of those runs are a blast. Yeah i'd love that! I think we had messaged about meeting up a couple of weeks ago, i got sick and stayed home mostly that week and didnt get out to ski much. Coincided with a windy week too i think. Yeah hit me up sometime, it would be a blast.
Would love to join your meet up this season if possible. Got Ikon for the next season.

Amie H

Angel Diva
Ok ladies! I have the report from my experience with the Kirkwood Women's focused Clinic!

The clinic was 2 days, full days, Saturday and Sunday.
I'm impressed not only by the advanced things you were doing but that you GOT THERE during that insane blizzard! I'm guessing you and other participants arrived and settled in before the storm blew in in earnest? I was in Reno that weekend and we didn't leave town until Monday when we drove to Carson City, and barely made it over the snow-packed roads around Virginia City.

K.LoSki

Certified Ski Diva
I'm impressed not only by the advanced things you were doing but that you GOT THERE during that insane blizzard! I'm guessing you and other participants arrived and settled in before the storm blew in in earnest? I was in Reno that weekend and we didn't leave town until Monday when we drove to Carson City, and barely made it over the snow-packed roads around Virginia City.
Leaving from south lake on saturday am i actually had some blue skies and good driving. The road was closed for avalanche mitigation right before Kirkwood until about 7:30 or 8? It worked out SO perfectly honestly, it opened right before i got to it, no traffic. Sunday the spur was closed i believe for a while. It seemed like some of the women had condos at kirkwood, or were staying at kirkwood. A few of us came in from SLT but i didnt talk to everyone to find out. We had a pretty good sized group and people were able to get in, i think 2 of the girls arrived a little late sunday due to weather. It was awesome!

MotherDuck

Certified Ski Diva
Yes! Im skiing the next couple of weekends around SLT if anyone is around. Definitely next year we'll organize a meet up!
My daughter’s soccer season started so Saturday and Sunday is nearly impossible for me. Friday DT might work for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna