• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Engage the core

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was reading the book by Weems that he gave out at ESA Stowe. I am amazed at the tone in my abdominal wall from the simple act of engaging my core when I ski. Its improved my posture while skiing and has made for a significant firmness in my abs.

Yea Weems!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm sorry Jilly, I forget my head some days

Weems is a D-Team instructor and instructs at ESA events. Lola and Margaritamarcia both had him as a coach at ESA Stowe

Brilliant Skiing Everyday
https://www.edgechange.com/epicski/

IMO Weems is not the most charismatic writer, but he is an inspiring instructor and has some profound effect on those with whom he comes in contact.
If you have a chance to meet him, ski with him, be coached by him, or just give him a hug, its well worth the trip!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't had the chance to meet Weems, but although his general nature on epic is great, it was reading his book that made me really really really want to get coaching from him.

I highly recommend the book to anyone who hasn't read it, and you can even check it out for free from the link SnowHot posted, what a deal!

The format it's written in isn't like any other skiing book I've read. It's very off the wall and broken up into bits so you don't feel like you're reading a technical manual, and the semiunrelated points are often great stories about prespective. It discusses bettering your skiing as well as your approach, and how related the two are, and I couldn't agree more.

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I mentioned Weems' use of the Core in my own book, Open Your Heart with Winter Fitness. Everyone should do whatever they can to get a chance to meet Weems. He is simply amazing!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga