• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Don't fix what ain't broken

Christy

Angel Diva
What's going on with epic? It's different but I didn't have any trouble with it. It looks better than it did. But is it not working right?

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I totally agree. The new interface is very annoying. What were they thinking?????

Jilly

Staff member
Diva's there are no plans to change the format here. But please tell Epic that you don't like what you see. I'm sure they want feedback.

abc

Banned
Growing pain, I guess.

I don't use all the "features" of the previous site so I don't feel I miss them all that badly. Yes, there're annoance, such as the itzi-bitzy font. But I'm reasonably confident they'll change that...

What were they thinking?????
The only area I question their mental state is doing this in the middle of the season!!!

Nearly 2 days down. And a lot of missing features that some posters really want! I have little doubt it drove some casual participants over to TGR alright.

In this day and age, a site that can't stay up during prime usage time frame is no longer acceptable. The day of "under contruction" acts as a invite to come back has long gone. But it seems the firm they choose to re-do the site hasn't kept up with the reality and EPIC is the client that ended up suffering.

sibhusky got it quite right. Don't fix what aren't broken. And if you're going to break something in order to fix something, do it at off-season and let the hardcore, bored "residents" work out the kinks long before prime time!!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
As Jilly says, any problem with the Epic site, take it up with them over there. I agree -- they want and value your feedback!

Right now we have no plans to change the format here. I can't say that'll be the case forever -- who knows what'll be down the pike -- but TheSkiDiva.com is what it is.

abc

Banned
Having said what I thought of Epic, I have to agree with Ski Diva. Ranting about another site here is rather pointless. I've already lodged my complain on EPIC.

On the other hand, SkiDiva isn't TGR so it's not viewed as a competition of EPIC (men are not welcome here). So at least it's not a conflict of interest.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ranting about another site here is rather pointless. I've already lodged my complain on EPIC.

just another topic for us to discuss. Nothing wrong with that. Of course if they had checked with us first they wouldn't be in that mess anyhow :noidea:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yup. I now find myself on there even less than I was before. It really is annoying now, but I understand growing pains.

cinnabon

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On a positive note... since they changed it I just went to see if I could get on (at work) and I can! Before I couldn't, as "technically" forums are blocked. However, I can get on this one - and TGR, oddly enough, but not my favorite non-skiing forum, which is also vBulletin. It's a weird filter I guess.:noidea:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On a side note:
the Huddler team has been working night and day to answer the pleas of the users on EpicSki. Many features that were lost are back, and many more are going to be added back in the next week or two.
Much of the reason EpicSki made this move was to fulfill the requests of users to host video on site without using a host such as youtube or vimeo. This will be possible in the near future with the new EpicSki Platform.
Another feature we wanted to have was a storefront for the epicski sponsors so that discount codes and sponsor access is easier. This will be a win win for the community as you will be able to get the best deals on items while the sponsor will have his own place on EpicSki to do so.
The Gear Review plug in is something that we've wanted to install on Vbul for a long time but there was no easy way to do it. Huddler is offering a great option for that. Can't wait to see it in action!!

I started playing with my home page and am starting to enjoy the Gear review plug in for products I own, had, or want.

When all the bugs are worked out, I think EpicSki will be more amazing that it was before. Still, it is taking some time for me to get used to some of the new toys. :smile:

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I just took a quick peek and I think it looks kind of nice. I don't post over there a lot, but I dig all the new gear/equipment sections. Too bad they added a resort directory with reviews, though. ;)

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just took a quick peek and I think it looks kind of nice. I don't post over there a lot, but I dig all the new gear/equipment sections. Too bad they added a resort directory with reviews, though. ;)
Is that because of the URL in your signature of mountainreviews.com? Or because people will come across previously "unknown" resorts?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess if I were in Rachels shoes and had put everything I have into the great mountain review site as she has, I'd take a second look at features like that on a forum too.

Rachel, Something tells me that the feature on epic for mountain reviews won't make an impact on your site and all the effort you've put into it.
I'm very impressed with the work you've done!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Aw, thanks ladies. I don't really care tooooo much, and I totally didn't mean that in a snotty way at all, but it's just always a little bit of a bummer when hugely successful sites with a lot of traffic build in features like the ones on Mountain Reviews.

Maybe this will motivate me to finally get the Facebook app working. ;)

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aw, thanks ladies. I don't really care tooooo much, and I totally didn't mean that in a snotty way at all, but it's just always a little bit of a bummer when hugely successful sites with a lot of traffic build in features like the ones on Mountain Reviews.

Maybe this will motivate me to finally get the Facebook app working. ;)
I didn't take it as snotty as all. You're a respected member here and we've all known for quite some time about your site and I don't blame you for being a slight bit bummed. Get that Facebook app going and I will certainly switch from Snowago which is clumsy to use in my opinion. :smile:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga