• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you use sole in your boots?

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
100%. I do tend to like my boots UNCOMFORTABLY tight when I get them because there is nothing worse to me than uncomfortably loose! Thats just flat out scary!
This thread now has me worried my new boots are too big. They were totally comfy the first time out--not tight at all.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This thread now has me worried my new boots are too big. They were totally comfy the first time out--not tight at all.
Are you an aggressive skier? If they do pack out too much, there are some things that can be done to pad out a boot- so don’t worry too much, but if they do start to feel too loose, go to a boot fitter and see if they can add volume (sometimes they will strategically place high density foam in loose areas between liner and shell

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you an aggressive skier? If they do pack out too much, there are some things that can be done to pad out a boot- so don’t worry too much, but if they do start to feel too loose, go to a boot fitter and see if they can add volume (sometimes they will strategically place high density foam in loose areas between liner and shell
I am not aggressive at all, and I’m glad to hear there are things that can be done if needed. I got new figure skates last year that were too loose after three months, and the only solution was to buy another pair (different brand and narrower). Good to know that shouldn’t be the case with my ski boots, thank you!

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am not aggressive at all, and I’m glad to hear there are things that can be done if needed. I got new figure skates last year that were too loose after three months, and the only solution was to buy another pair (different brand and narrower). Good to know that shouldn’t be the case with my ski boots, thank you!
Hopefully not, but it is a possibility, just like your figure skates. Ski on them some more and you'll be better able to feel if they still feel responsive when they pack out. It's also a personal level - what you want and feel comfortable with.

I'd take it to a well regarded bootfitter regardless if you feel they are not responding / feeling right after awhile. They should be able to give you good suggestions on either how to make them work better for you or suggest what may fit better for the responsiveness you want.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna