• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you keep track of vertical feet?

abc

Banned
"Keep track"? Jeez!

I "keep track" of my bank account, sort of. That's about it.

Keeping track of how much I ski would turn a fun hobby into work. I don't even bother to keep track of how many days I ski, never mind the vertical feet. I can kind of "re-construct" how many days I skied this last season, with some difficulty. Not a clue regarding vert's. ;-)

I have the technology alright. I have a Suunto altimeter watch. But I don't bother bringing it to skiing. I used it exclusively for on-bike "climb-fest" days. And only to tell me how much more I still have to go, knowing the total of the route.

I'm actually the number's kind of gal. I calculate a lot of things right in my head in a snap (I can calculate the tips to the penny without a calculator nor a pen if you ask me). But keeping track of the "score" of my passtime isn't one of those numbers I bother.

Delawhere

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"Keep track"? Jeez!

I "keep track" of my bank account, sort of.

LOL!!! Me too.

Keeping track of how much I ski would turn a fun hobby intowork.

Very true. I track my skating mileage and there are times that I think "I am not really enjoying this but I set out to skate x mile at y pace and I am going to complete my goal." I justify this because I use skating to keep fit and because 95% of the time I thoroughly enjoy my skates. I suspect that many runners or bikers feel the same way.

My self competitive drive is such that I could see myself trying to beat last weekend's vert feet. No thanks.

To me, a great day of skiing is when, at the end of the day, I have a smile on my face, am tired and free of major injuries.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga