• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you caress your new gear while you wait?

Is there unused gear in your possession?

• Have new gear purchased at the end of season

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Have new gear as a gift or prize at the end of the season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have new gear in trasit and can't wait

• Ordering new gear now and can't wait to get it

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • New gear was purchsed in time to use before end of season

• No new gear WASN'T in the plans but SkiDiva has me thinking

• No new gear in the plans

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other

• Total voters

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alas, I'm still looking for a great deal on some new gear. I absolutely have both new skis and boots in my future for next season, though! Still leaning toward some Lotta Luvs...and absolutely no idea on the boots...

Meanwhile, I'm in full-on love with my semi-new (bought in November) road bike! :love: And I look with great disdain and pity on my old skis every time I glance upon them down in the garage. :becky:

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's a beautiful shiny red Specialized Dolce Comp. It has pretty little flowers on the frame. It goes soooo fast, even pulling DS in the trailer (I was on a mountain bike before). I absolutely adore it!!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alas, I'm still looking for a great deal on some new gear. I absolutely have both new skis and boots in my future for next season, though! Still leaning toward some Lotta Luvs...and absolutely no idea on the boots...

Meanwhile, I'm in full-on love with my semi-new (bought in November) road bike! :love: And I look with great disdain and pity on my old skis every time I glance upon them down in the garage. :becky:
Looking at Lotta luvs, why not snatch up the great deal on the Lady harts with an 86 waist.
You can't beat the deal and I'll guarantee you'll love them.
C'mon you need some gear to drool on during the summer in anticipation of snow!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll admit, I did think about it. But, I can't really justify two pairs of new skis and I think the 167s are a bit long for me to maneuver bumps with comfortably. I think if I'm only getting one pair, I need a bit shorter, more of an all-mountain ski. But, yeah, super tempting!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll admit, I did think about it. But, I can't really justify two pairs of new skis and I think the 167s are a bit long for me to maneuver bumps with comfortably. I think if I'm only getting one pair, I need a bit shorter, more of an all-mountain ski. But, yeah, super tempting!
The 167's are idea for you in a twin tip. Remember they run short.
In fact I think you'll be impressed with them for 360's and bumps.
where's that carrot?

Oooooof, here he is
carrot.gif

jaydog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All my ski gear is currently about 1,000 miles away, locked up in a storage unit in WA while I play around in the SoCal desert for the summer. If I start to miss it, I look at my hiking boots, packs and tents and I'm happy again.

Although I must admit, if I had it all with me, I'd be lovingly caressing my brand-spankin' new Boeri Tactic helmet that I never got to wear before I left. Not to mention trying it on in front of the mirror...

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
The 167's are idea for you in a twin tip. Remember they run short.
In fact I think you'll be impressed with them for 360's and bumps.
where's that carrot?
Oooooof, here he is
carrot.gif

Those Hart twin tips ARE an all-mountain ski! I think they'd be super fun in the bumps! And twin tips do run short for their length; you'd be surprised. You CAN'T beat the price!
carrot.gif

carrot.gif

carrot.gif

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
It's a beautiful shiny red Specialized Dolce Comp. It has pretty little flowers on the frame. It goes soooo fast, even pulling DS in the trailer (I was on a mountain bike before). I absolutely adore it!!!

Ahhhhhh....nice bike! Great choice! :becky:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Those Hart twin tips ARE an all-mountain ski! I think they'd be super fun in the bumps! And twin tips do run short for their length; you'd be surprised. You CAN'T beat the price!
carrot.gif

carrot.gif

carrot.gif
You made me spit vegetable juice out my nose!
:doh:

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Gear-wise - I guess you know my Auras are in my Arlington VA office, awaiting transit to Germany. I did get to caress them, and show them off to my colleagues (and knock out a ceiling light fixture in the office but we don't need to talk about that). I am about to express-mail a check to Phil for two pair of Harts. I also bought bindings for the Auras.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
who cares about the light fixture.....I hope your skis did not get scratched!:laugh:

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually, I kind of am...the only skis I've ever owned were bought for me by STBX. All I had to do was go along, he did all the work.
bag.gif

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually, I kind of am...the only skis I've ever owned were bought for me by STBX. All I had to do was go along, he did all the work.
bag.gif
Was it as good for you as it was for him?
:eyebrows:

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Brand new pair of Rossignol skis purchased three weeks ago! Can't wait for next season!!

Also looking at some new boots. Tried some Langes on last week and the shop are getting a smaller size for me to try next so hpefully all is looking good on that front too!!

And yes, my skis live in my study too and I love to stare at them and sometimes have a wee touch of them!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga