• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just lost my toy poodle mix to congestive heart failure a month ago. She was 10-1/2. She stole my heart with her silly, affectionate ways, and I'm still heartbroken from it. My other dog is older, and is in decent shape for her age, 14, but there are of course inevitable changes and signs of aging.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I just lost my toy poodle mix to congestive heart failure a month ago. She was 10-1/2. She stole my heart with her silly, affectionate ways, and I'm still heartbroken from it. My other dog is older, and is in decent shape for her age, 14, but there are of course inevitable changes and signs of aging.
I'm so sorry, @VickiK . I lost the two Chihuahuas I had before Luke and Leia to CHF (ages 15.5 and 16.5). It's a tough thing to watch them decline.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear this. Dogs are family.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
So sorry, @VickiK. Hug your other pup tight.

I'm not sure how I forgot to add to this thread, but I now have a Diva Dog! Her name is Leila. She was born 4/26/22 and she's been home with me since 6/21/22. She's 5 months old now. Here she is getting a little help from Daddy after a verrrrry long walk down Commercial Street in Provincetown MA on Thursday. She's an Australian Cobberdog. At almost 30 lbs. she will double in size by the time she is full grown around her first birthday.

Attachments

• 34A555C0-D8D6-43B7-8826-EF1B3EBFA7C1_1_201_a.jpeg
    34A555C0-D8D6-43B7-8826-EF1B3EBFA7C1_1_201_a.jpeg
    474.5 KB · Views: 11

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
26DB38B6-1FB0-4A0A-B42D-3175961A549C.jpeg
This little pig pug realized that he could tip over the food storage containers in the pantry if he just worked stubbornly enough at it. He hosted a feast for his brothers and guest yesterday and his belly was distended all day. We were worried that he might get incredibly sick but his stomach is mostly down to normal today with not much but no supper last night, half a serving of breakfast, the runs, and quite a bit of gas to show for it. The stinky little pig strikes again.

MissySki

Angel Diva
View attachment 19317
This little pig pug realized that he could tip over the food storage containers in the pantry if he just worked stubbornly enough at it. He hosted a feast for his brothers and guest yesterday and his belly was distended all day. We were worried that he might get incredibly sick but his stomach is mostly down to normal today with not much but no supper last night, half a serving of breakfast, the runs, and quite a bit of gas to show for it. The stinky little pig strikes again.

Oh Baxter.. :nono:

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
View attachment 19317
You need to take a picture of him with a sign around his neck describing his "crime", and post it online, LOL.

Matro

Angel Diva
My dog is 16, and this is from two years ago. She has always loved tromping in the snow, so we got her this outfit to keep the icy clumps off of her belly and legs. Amazingly, she doesn't mind wearing it at all.

Attachments

• tempImageG4I6MN.png
    tempImageG4I6MN.png
    2 MB · Views: 6

Christy

Angel Diva
In the course of trying to listen to all of the episodes of the Ologies science podcast, I happened upon one with the speech-language pathologist who started the whole dog-button-talking thing.

FASCINATING.

It wasn't the sole focus of the podcast, but it ended up being a significant part of it. (Apologies if this was already posted).

MissySki

Angel Diva
In the course of trying to listen to all of the episodes of the Ologies science podcast, I happened upon one with the speech-language pathologist who started the whole dog-button-talking thing.

FASCINATING.

It wasn't the sole focus of the podcast, but it ended up being a significant part of it. (Apologies if this was already posted).

Ohh I’ll have to take a listen. I read her book, but would love to hear the podcast as well.

Christina Hunger just had her first child and it’s been fun to follow along on social media with how Stella has used her words regarding the new addition to the family!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’d meant to update on Sookie’s button progress. Here is a recent clip of her first time incorporating “want” into a request. “Ice food” is her way of asking for her frozen Kong for context.

It was just last week. She’s in the onesie because she was just spayed 2 weeks ago. (Highly recommend Suitical surgical recovery suits! It was great to not have to use the cone :smile:). Today is her first day off of exercise restrictions and we are so happy about that!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna