• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Demoing tomorrow-starting with stockli laser mx’s

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Montero AS look like a nice skookum ski too. I really enjoy my SC’s and AX’s. Both carve like gems and are great all round mountain skis. Leaning towards Storm Rider 88’s as I felt the Nella‘s just a little too light under foot. I’ve become a big Stockli fan as of late. Always a joy to be on.

I'm a bit of a stockli wh@re. I've 2 pairs of the stormrider 85 motions which is the predecessor to the Nela which unfortunately isn't the same ski. I'm going to ski my motions until they are Adirondack chair material, then likely head to the SR 88.

Stocklis are the ski you didn't know you needed until you ski them lol.

SnowyO

Certified Ski Diva
I'm a bit of a stockli wh@re. I've 2 pairs of the stormrider 85 motions which is the predecessor to the Nela which unfortunately isn't the same ski. I'm going to ski my motions until they are Adirondack chair material, then likely head to the SR 88.

Stocklis are the ski you didn't know you needed until you ski them

Stocklis are the ski you didn't know you needed until you ski them lol.

SnowyO

Certified Ski Diva
You are spot on about the Motions. Demoed a few years back and thought they were pretty dreamy. Not the same as the Nelly’s. I’m a Stockli slut too.☺️

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The key to surviving crud and chop on narrow skis is you have to keep them on edge/carve through it all. Anything else and you’re getting tossed, so you need to be very intentional with your skiing. I have the same issue with my slaloms when it gets chunky.

I demoed the MX last year at Killjngton and they were okay, but felt like a less exciting version of my slaloms. But I’m not sure it’s fair to compare a recreational ski to a racing ski, even if it’s a kids racing ski. They’re just built with different usages in mind.
Yeaa that’s a good way to put it. I never realized how much more I enjoy skiing with ease vs having to be very intentional lol. Too many pretty views to have to focus too hard

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Montero AS look like a nice skookum ski too. I really enjoy my SC’s and AX’s. Both carve like gems and are great all round mountain skis. Leaning towards Storm Rider 88’s as I felt the Nella‘s just a little too light under foot. I’ve become a big Stockli fan as of late. Always a joy to be on.
I’d be really curious how a 88 from them would feel… definently something I’d be really interested in trying. The monteros were still just a bit too narrow for me

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm more generally a fan of the stormrider series. I've a few pair from 83 underfoot to 100 and all are fantastic. In particular are my stockli stormrider 85 motions and my stockli stormrider 95s.

Last edited:

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You are spot on about the Motions. Demoed a few years back and thought they were pretty dreamy. Not the same as the Nelly’s. I’m a Stockli slut too.☺️

I will never forget the day I discovered the SR Motion 85s... a snowy day at Mount Snow, VT (pre vail) and this was the day I demoed the MX and the SR Motion 85. MX's were ok but not the right conditions for them as it was lumpy variable snow. The SR Motions however, I loved 3 turns into the run.... I was like wow....... This was also the day my SO discovered the Laser AX. I remember him skiing up to me going OMG I love these things.... He never uses inflection when describing skis........ He was hooked. This began our stockli journey.

This was around 2018. I found my 2016 SR 85s on sale on eBay so they were 2 years old. Still have them but they are aging out. I now have a 2020ish pair that are in amazing shape. My SO now has two pairs of AX's; one he keeps at magic and the other at bromley.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga